Heavy/Scratch: ROTF Ulta Magnus! Perfect Transformation car carrier!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by big hank, Mar 29, 2009.

1. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    ROTF Ultra Magnus! Perfect Transformation car carrier!

Okay folks, I realize this project may be a bit too early for WIP pics, but what the heck!

I seem to be obsessed with making a "perfect" transformation UM car carrier! Well, I've finally gotten far enough along that I think you guys can get where I'm going here! UM is made from 2 Voyager Class Primes, basically the first set of dually wheel "legs" become the arms, and the "car carrier" portion will form the upper legs. Not seen yet, cause I haven't got there is the whole car carrier strut work and skid plates are gonna be the lower legs and feet! This should give him a nice thickly armored lower leg region!

The grill becomes the abs (of course I have it all worked out:inquisiti ) and Neo Shifters donated the shoulder cannons (perfect G1 tribute, IMO). The Jetfire helmet is a place holder, still knocking around for a suitable UM head!

One of the self imposed limitations was I wanted to be able to make this from just 2 Voyager Primes, no extra figures (aside from the head, cannons, and hands) That way it would be possible to replicate since we get repaints of V Prime with ROTF!

I know the pics are kinda scattered, but it does work! Perfect transformation, I need to get started on the spinal assembly and the calves/feet, so I can get some better shots for you guys!

Anyhoo, Enjoy the WIP pics! Feel free to comment as always!

Oh Yeah, the last pics is another WIP, just giving you guys a little teaser! More on that one soon enough!----BH

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  2. dyingwill3rd

dyingwill3rd Life is a fabled mystery

Wow. Wow. Now. Cow. LOL. Is the other pic a WIP of one of the Citybots (FM, Metroplex, Trypticon)?

3. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

this is looking awesome, and i'm curious about those omegas... :) 

4. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Woah! Can't wait to see how this turns out.

5. Spyro

Spyro Banned

Can't wait to see this finished.

6. rodimuspwnzor

rodimuspwnzor Nerd-O-tron

Ebay:
    Very cool idea! If you don't use Jetfire's helm, maybe an old combiner helm, and just repaint it?