ROTF twins in other series

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by supernova222, Jul 25, 2012.

1. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ok, i know a lot of people dont like skids and mudflap, and they might not have fit in right in the movies but i liked them an wanted to know if anyone else was interested them making a comeback in another transformers series or line.

2. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    No.

The only Mudflap I want to see again is Cybertron Mudflap

3. gregles

gregles quintesson

no no no NO!!!!!!!

Unless you change everything about including there names

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I like the e-Hobby Skids and Screech. Neat story, great colors on the G1 Skids/Crosscut mold.

But that's as close I ever want to get to herp & derp.

5. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

herp and derp belong in a junkpile.... perhaps they'll make a cameo as compacted cubes in Transformers Prime....
    hehehehe.

6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Well if those twins come back I'd have them not be Gangsters but rather two plucky youngsters who are eager to help but cause unintentional trouble at times. Skids can have his G1 color scheme with green stripes and is the more wiser of the two with a knack of science. Mudflap will be the more impulsive and fun loving guy of the two.

7. Majestic

Majestic Majie

Well, maybe if they were significantly de-Bay-ified, Skids at least could take cues from say the G1 version for improvement, Mudflap would probably need significant change too, but some of their history could potentially be kept, like having been tortured/experimented on by cons, and having a love/hate brotherly relationship.

But honestly, they'd less likely be brought back in a show or comic, but possibly as toys.

Maybe.

8. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    No, not even as corpses in the aftermath of the first battle in a series premeire.

9. The Swordsman

The Swordsman The REAL hero of Hyrule

News Credits:
    Sure, go on then. If they're written more as a pair of dopey but well-meaning goofballs rather than wiggers that would be fine with me.

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I could've seen them derping it up in Animated, where their rather cartoony designs might've suited. TFP though I'm not so sure.

Maybe what TFP could do is make them Wreckers. Almost everyone in TFP seems to be a Wrecker these days. Since Bay Skids and Mudflap have one big arm and fist each they'd have potential for being linked at the shoulder of their smaller limb side as a new Rack and Ruin.

I'll get me coat...
    :confused2 

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I'm pretty indifferent on those kids these days, but I wouldn't want to see them in fiction again just because I want MTMTE Skids as the basis for all future Skids'.

12. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Would it be interesting to see them in other media? Sure. Will I cry if they are never seen or heard from again? Definitely not. I think that they're a cool concept that could definitely work in another piece of Transformers fiction. They could've worked well in TFA. Or even TFP. I loved the combined ice-cream truck mode, I loved the bumbling nature of them, I loved the asymmetrical design. I just hated their faces. However, certain things would obviously have to be changed. Whether they stay 99% the same or if it's just the basic concept that they include, I think a lot of things about The Twins could work.

Something like Digilaut's fan-art:

TFA Skids and Mudflap by *digilaut on deviantART

There's dozens of potential things you could change to make them more tolerable, or change so that the only resemblance to Bay's Twins' is a vague description.

>Give them different heads and remove the cursing (for obvious reasons), and they could pretty much be Jazz or Blaster's proteges. Two young, bumbling up-and-coming Autobot warriors who have a strong sense of style.

>Make them "Twins in Name Only". Skids and Mudflap, the two master Autobot assassins of legend. Cloak & Dagger, if you will.

>Make them "Twins in Design Only". Two short, stout Autobots who transform into small vehicles, but have them with the personality of Sideswipe and Sunstreaker. Or even an Autobot version of Ransack and Crumplezone.

>Make them "Twins in Concept Only". Two new members of the Wreckers, named 'Wreck' and 'Rule'. Virtually inseparable, and when on the battlefield are a force to be reckoned with.

See? You can still have "The Twins" without making them 100% Bay's version of The Twins.

13. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

twins in tf animeted series

14. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind the Twins, but there are so many other Movieverse characters/concepts I'd want first. Doc Scalpel, bad cop Barricade, Blackout, the Kitchen Crew, old man Jetfire, non-humanoid Constructicons, Laserbeak with the power of speech, Brains & non-rhyming Wheelie, the Dreads, and truck Megatron (who may or not be Optimus' brother, at least in the metaphorical sense) all take priority over Skids & Mudflap.

15. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Id pretty much want to pass on any recognizable call-back to those two.

16. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    What's ironic is that the ROTF Twins have some ANIMATED influence in their history, particularly Bumeblebee (a Chevy Beat) and the Twins Jetfire and Jetstorm (a couple of punks).

To directly answer the OP, there probably will be Twin figures in the future, but probably not like Skids and Mudflap.

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This.

French Mudflap is best Mudflap.

He and G1 Skids should be like brother in arms till Mudflap betrayed him and joined Megatron's Constructicon Brigade.

18. Mitch FIN Keith

Mitch FIN Keith Autobot

am i the only one who really likes the twin?

19. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    That would be cool

Nolan North can do a French guy right? He needs to voice him

20. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    I never hated them so I'd be open to seeing them re-imagined into another universe.

TF needs more Ice Cream Trucks.