ROTF Toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by soundwaveCA, May 2, 2009.

1. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Anybody else disappointed with what we've seen so far? Between all the recycled first movie toys like Ratchet and Ironhide and new molds like Devastator and the Twins which have failed to capture the imagination I'm really not feeling it this time around.

It sucks too because I really love the first movie stuff but ROTF has really failed to recapture that excitement and anticipation. At this point I'm really only looking at leader Prime and the Fallen and maybe Jetfire, will probably pick up a few deluxe figures on impulse but for the most part I think I'm going to end up passing over the vast majority of movie toys this time around. Anyone else in the same boat or is it just me?

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  2. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    No. ROTF toys are already superior to the already superior Movie 1 toys. :) 

You just mentionned more than half of what we have seen so far. LOL! ;)  You're not excited because there's no fiction you can relate to yet. Pretty much why I consider all Universe toys a bit boring. Without a show, it's hard to relate. Once you see all the characters in action, you will probably change your mind.

3. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    There are quite a few that I'm dissapointed in at first glance. But who knows. Maybe I'll watch the movie and then just have to have them all. :) 

4. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    The only ones that interest me are the twins, Leader Prime, Voyager Starscream, and Sideswipe. I'm not as excited for this toyline as I was for the first movie's.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Hell no.

Devs may have been a letdown, but Skids and Mudflap look really nifty, Sideswipe and Sideways look quite cool. (especially since Sidesways hsa a similar build to Barricade, it was really cool that they made him accurate while still looking quite different from Barricade) The Fallen looks pretty cool, even if he has a truely tacked-on jet mode. Starscream look epic.

Leader Prime is the most accurate Movie TF I've ever seen, and looks incredible and fun. Leader Megs look really nice minus some paintless parts, and Jetfire is in between.

All the Individual Constructicons so far are very nice, though after seeing what Devastator looks like in the movie his toy is even less impressive. (especially for $100)

I think people had a lot of unrealistic expectations. Especially after Animated where pretty much every figure is a winner. I think it may also have something to do with the fact that the Movie look is no longer new.

6. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Well seeing as how there's new listings in Walmart computers for another Voyager Ironhide and a Deluxe Ratchet, I'm not stressing the re-used molds. I really dig the movie aesthetic so I'm loving most of what we've seen so far. A lot of the repaints are passable, but there's plenty of other stuff I can spend that money on, so I'm not worried.

7. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only disappointment for me was the Devastator situation. And maybe Ratchet not getting a remold with a gun arm.

Other than those 2 there's a truck load of stuff I like (Leader Prime, Skids, Mudflap, Sideswipe, HA Bumblebee, Starscream, Sideways, Ravage, Soundwave, Robot Heroes, Robot Replicas to name a few) and will be buying come the summer.

Dying to see what Human Alliance Ironhide turns out like.

8. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like all of them, except for you know who.

9. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Breakaway? :p 

10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i am for sure, but i knew i would be, especially after the first movie toys, i can say that starscream and prime are massive improvements, but not enough for me to purchase

11. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Yup.

12. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wait, there's a new ironhide figure coming out?!?! I mean other than the one we've already seen?!?! Maybe I'll be waiting to see that one before buying into the reused mold just for the weapons and head......

13. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    The promotional images made it seem like we were actually getting good figures, then we saw the actual ones and I almost threw up. Unless they make MPs I'm only getting the leaders and SS for sure. That and the Combaticons.

14. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I gotta say, preview Soundwave is great
    I think the little bi-plane and scouts are cool. Not to mention Leader Prime being almost perfect

15. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Exactly. I'll wait for the inevitable premium line, and if they're not any good either well then that's money better spent elsewhere.

16. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Anyone else still feeling disappointed? Lines pretty far in and I'm still pretty meh.

17. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    i thot how u did at first and now i have every new mold ive seen.

please help me

18. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I've bought a lot of them but have either sold off or returned most of them. Only ROTF I've kept have been HA BB and deluxe Sideswipe.

19. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What frustrates me about the Rotf line is how incomplete it feels. Theres too many missing characters and too many new molds wasted. If they were planing a leader starscream they never should have made an all new voyager. That could have been a construction or a new ironhide/ratchet.

20. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    quote of the day