Minor/Repaint: ROTF: The Twins

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Sabrina_Ng, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    SOme duo shots of the bumbling turtles.

Up next...Jetfire's ma name.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    your bots are always so shiny i think they are photoshopped

3. Sabrina_Ng

Ebay:
    Good Point. You may wanna check ard for those who have my customs as to whether they are photoshopped :) 

I would tell you that the editing is to make it look as it is in real life but coming from me, that may be biased. Lolz!

4. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    Both of them look way better now that you've added the green/orange colors to their bot mode armor panels. :) 

5. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Very nice,can't wait to see your Jetfire!

6. chris-morada

chris-morada Banned

Five Stars!

7. bellyboy

bellyboy working working working

News Credits:
    Please read: RADICONS GUIDELINES/ETIQUETTE

Rule #2. Constructive Criticism is not only welcomed, but encouraged. That being said, replying to a project thread with a simple negative like “that sucks” will not be tolerated, as it is out-right flaming and will not be allowed here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2009
  8. Sabrina_Ng

Ebay:
    That's not a very objective comment ya know..It can also be seen as a sign of uncivilised behaviour as well as poor upbringing..Do tell me why it is boring if you would like to criticize it properly.

9. bellyboy

News Credits:
    well u r correct
    sorry for just throwing words without explaining

lately there is this trend -of some people here in the comunity of just repainting the ROTF tf's and selling them,so it pure profit ...
    i'm not going to go to that disccusion again ,if these boards r for showing your stuff for sale , or u r just showing your creations and then selling them :) 

as qualified painter that u r i see no inovation in your repaints,same ol' crystal clear smooth paint(probably slilver and then transperent paint ),and for me they r boring!! i really dont understand the meaning of your work ,u (and others)buy those tf's before anyone has them and then selling them in obscure prices(which is an auction-so if som1 want to pay that amount just for saying i have a sabrina ng repaint -he/she is welcome).

in my opinion this community is awsome and i have learnt here alot and i saw some wonderfull inovative creation,but with the release of the horor movie "ROTF" i feel that the board became a selling post .and i think that this is a misuse of the initial thought behind this place .

10. Andrew28b

Andrew28b Nemesis custom

troll somewhere else pal. its her artistic expression through a much harder media

11. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wow that shine its like their painted like actual cars (dare I say I think that's how you got the look?) any ways awesome as ever

12. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

if you dont like it dont bother commenting cause this persons work is awsome.

13. Sabrina_Ng

Ebay:
    Wow...Thanks guys. I really didnt feel like commenting on such 'subjective criticisms'. Means a lot to me. Thanks once again.

14. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    What kind of paint is that?

Excellent Work.

15. bellyboy

News Credits:
    should i only comment when i have good things to say ?
    awsome is your opinion ,mine is different...

for me its like some shop ,so many tf's such a short time and i didnt say not good ones ,but just plain repaints, in high standarts-for sale !!!

16. neek_buster

neek_buster The One Man Army

News Credits:
    Just wondering, do you repaint with shiny metallic colors, or you just coat them to look shiny, These are amazingly shiny

great painting skills!!!

17. leblancis300

leblancis300 Active Member

1 ecellent work... i love your customs and it inspires me to try and do better on mine.... but in theese times we are in people can sell there artwork.... i look at it this way if u were to buy a hand apinted painting you might pay upwards of 200 bucks and if thats yourt hing its your thing theese figures are here canvas and she sells them. no harm no fould dont hate on it .... my own opinon keep em coming girl would like to see a rodimus renditon of sidewsipe that would be cool

18. caretaker27

caretaker27 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    looks great as usual. two requests. a) car mode shots b) challenge youself by replicating a carbon fiber look ( instead of the black) to match the well done metallic look you have mastered. again great work, but as i have mentioned in your ironhide post i have come to expect that when i see your name attached.

19. Sabrina_Ng

Ebay:
    No no no. You don't have to tell me 'good things only'. I mean it's fine if you say it with a reason which you did not earlier and not just "BORING". I mean boring witha reason attached is perfect.

20. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    All the reasons you have listed here have no bearing on the quality of work that Sabsabby produces.

She does not come here and pimp her auctions at all. She shares her work with fellow Radicons, that is all. not once has she posted "Hey my custom is for sale....check it out"

And as for a plain repaint?....there's nothing "plain" about Sabrina's work. Nothing at all. It amazes me how a person can down play repaints, especially one of her caliber.

Maybe you aren't aware of what it takes to repaint a figure?

And as for the "trend -of some people here in the community of just repainting the ROTF tf's and selling them for profit"....whats wrong with that?

When the Alternators line was hot, thats what sold. Alt Customs. Classics was hot....guess what sold?....Classics Customs. And now ROTF is hot, that's what is gonna sell. And whatever Hasbro puts out next in the TF line....that'll be the next hot seller when it comes to customs.

If anything, and she has never mentioned it here, the fact that she can sell a custom for a decent amount of money, and do it repeatedly, says all that needs to be said about her work.

It has to be good.