Heavy/Scratch: ROTF The FallnNNNNNNNNNN WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by wylungz, Oct 20, 2009.

1. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

ROTF The Fallen WIP

in celebration of the new dvd out today, here is THE FALLEN .. or wat i have of him so far..

i took these pictures a couple of days ago.. i already detailed him up and wat not from this and hes already got his first base coat on.. (currently drying..)

basically made from 2 Voyager Fallens... alot of fixit and some gun parts/ball joints for various areas..
    - new hinge and ball joint at the head
    - new ball joints at the ankles
    - Extended the arms wider
    - made the arms and legs longer
    - new hands from TFTM Brawl
    - and i did my best to fix how at the elbow the arm could come off.. tried to make it permanent while keeping its 360 rotation

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      66.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      62.1 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      44.8 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      43 KB
      Views:
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      80.1 KB
      Views:
  2. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the detailing, great job!

3. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Awesome! I like seeing all the new ROTF leader Fallens. I think I can make one for myself.

4. Insecticons

Insecticons The different Kitbasher

Those are the most n's that i ever saw in a title .. Oo

Good work! will watch the progress on this one!

5. wylungz

thanks guys, ya i did a base coat of black on him and he actually looks alot cooler now.. my gf saw him pre base coat and she was like ew. he looks like a bug.. and after she saw post base coat.. shes like wow. i can see where ur going w/ him... (keep in mind shes a SVA graudate of illustration and a current graphic designer... shhheshh. imagine me trying to compete w/ her!) =P

6. ^o^CORVUS^o^

^o^CORVUS^o^ You call on me to solve a crooked rhyme

Ebay:
    Looking really good. This particular 2-Fallen approach is such a solid one, and I love seeing people execute it.

7. wylungz

ya dude.. it wasnt easy tho.. i saw others like frenzy, zild, encline.. and i was staring at the two fallens wen i bought them and im like wtf did they do!? and i even think one of them used 3-Fallens haha... but i figured out a way myself.. haha.. wont be as spectacular as theirs. but it will hold its on i believe =P

8. trillwoo

trillwoo Active Member

cool leader fallen fr&ed did that too is that were the desin cam frommplease write back

9. wylungz

well i guess u can say looking at everyone elses fallens inspired me to make my own.. but really wen u get the voyager fallen.. its very unexceptable to have him so small compared to optimus and megatron... so you kno....

and doing this custom.. i truly believe everyone will have their own version/kind of fallen because there is no set recipe on how to make him.. .. all you got to do is start w/ 2 or 3 fallens and put them together anyway you want or can...

10. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    This looks very nice. Brawl's hands are a nice touch. The head looks a little too small for the body now, though. You might wanna add some pieces from the other Fallen head you have to make it look bigger. :) 

11. wylungz

i love the brawl hands too haha.. i actually was hesitant to do it because my brawl wouldn't have hands. .. but then i found a replacement that better matched brawl... the head looks small i kno haha.. im working on it! lol

12. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looking good. But I would totally add the neo shifter joints to the feet. They will add more hight

13. wylungz

ya thats wat u used right? i got no neo shifters tho haha... lookin at the picture it looks like i just sculpted the feet and leg together.. but i actually just replaced the old ball joints with a nice sturdy gundam one... im pretty satisfied with the height tho.. if u actually watched the special features in the ROTF dvds.. theres a nice "NEST" data thing where u can see the height for all the characters...and the FAllen didnt seem that much taller than megatron.. just the top of his big head was haha.. but thanks for the comment dude!

14. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wasn't size of the fallen like 40 feet? I think megs was only like 33 or so.....

Can the feet move around now?

15. wylungz

lol you made me have to pop back in the special features to see... nah Megatron's 37feet tall.. The Fallen is 40 ft... but really his forehead alone is like 5 feet haha.. his eye level is really at 35 feet.. ya i studied the pictures religiously... but of course. this picture of the fallen is like the concept pictures where hes all slouching and stumpy looking.. have to keep that in mind too..

funny info also is that Starscream is at 33ft and optimus is at 28 ft... makes you want that Leader class starscream even more now lol

ya the feet move around a full 360 and up and down and around.. i just hated the old ball joints because on both of my fallen's the feet would pop off so easily.. the new ball joints i used from a gundam figure are alot more sturdier..