ROTF The Fallen, or Voyager Megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LoneAndorian, Nov 1, 2009.

1. LoneAndorian

LoneAndorian Enthusiastic Choir Boy

A local store near me has a good selection of Voyagers at a reduced price, so I am planning to go out and pick up either The Fallen, or Voyager Megs tomorrow afternoon. Which one should I get? I don't have a Bayverse Megs to go with my ROTF Voyager Optimus, but, and he does have two nice, solid modes, but The Fallen...I don't know, I kinda feel like I'd be getting more bang for my buck, with him being a bigger figure, and having a very nice looking robot mode. On the other hand, his "vehicle" mode seems a bit crap to me. Both would look nice next to OP on my shelf, so I'm at a bit of a crossroads.

Those that own these figures, please chime in with your opinions...I could use a bit of help.
    :bowdown: 

2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Get both.

But if you have to choose just one... ROTF Fallen. He's just :bay 

3. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Voyager Megs. You can buy Legends the Fallen, who has an excellent detail and articulations considering the size. Who cares about the scale? :) 

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  4. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    I have both, and like Voyager Megs better, overall. He's probably the best toy of Movie Megs so far, IMO. They both suffer from being too green from their correct color schemes, but for the Fallen, it bothers me more. What's worse, it seems like the Fallen from my Slurpee straw seems more movie accurate... Not that the Fallen is a horrible figure, but he could have been much better.

5. Megablah

Megablah Likes Universe Galvatron Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm going to go with Megatron because you have to have a Megatron with your Optimus Prime. Plus they'd be good in scale and able to fight against each other. The Fallen is a decent display piece, but he does have a bit of trouble standing and doesn't really have an alt mode (it's more of a Yoga mode.)

Also I will direct you to these threads for further thoughts on the two:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-feedback/228269-rotf-voyager-megatron-pictorial-review.html (though Peaugh's pictures aren't visible.)

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-feedback/236048-revenge-fallen-fallen-13.html

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've got both. Out of the two, I've had a lot more fun with Voyager Megatron. He's very poseable, has a nice vehicle mode transformation, and generally looks very evil and monstrous.

The Fallen is cool as well, although I'm not a fan of how his feet fold up when you pick him up. Additionally, he's not quite as poseable as Megatron, and on mine at least the legs like to fall off.

They're both great figures though. The Fallen does look pretty darn evil in his own right, although he can't do a good "I'll eat you and your little dog too" stoop the same way Megatron can.

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I'd say Megatron and hold out for the Target exclusive Burning Fallen. That way you get the better figure overall first and later you can pick up the somewhat-more accurate Fallen figure (since it's got 0% as much green as the normal figure and looks much more like the Legends!)

8. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Voyager Megatron is definitely the better figure for me out of the two. The Fallen is definitely a nice looking toy, but Megatron just has that special 'something' that makes him cooler.

9. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Really? Megatron is more poseable than the Fallen?

I got a second hand Fallen for around 20 USD shipped around the globe and would gladly pay more. He's got TONS of articulation, jet mode is cool and well, he's neat. Don't know how articulated Megatron is in comparison, but I doubt he fares better.

10. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    The Fallen. I like how he looks better, I actually don't own either.

11. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

I own both and can tell you that Voyager Megatron is the better toy. Fallen has some issues with his joints blocking pose ability. Since burning Fallen is coming out definitely hold off on the regular release.

Also Megatron has a jet mode. Nuff said.
    [​IMG]

12. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Well said.

RoTF Voyager Megatron all the way.

13. LoneAndorian

LoneAndorian Enthusiastic Choir Boy

I think this pic just sold me on the toy. I think I may do what has been suggested in this thread and hold out for the Target exclusive The Fallen. Or perhaps pick up the Gathering at the Nemisis set on post Christmas discount...

Thanks for the advice and input everyone.

14. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    Voyager Megatron is an excellent piece. I can't say enough good things about it. Only drawbacks are the big backpack and the scaling, but the scaling isn't that big of a deal to me.

15. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    megs by 150%

16. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Going to have to try out that jet mode for Megatron.

Megatron is an excellent figure and definitely worth picking up. The Fallen is OK, but the transformation is finicky, the transparent panels look weird and the spring-loaded foot gimmick is annoying. Also, while The Fallen has a decent amount of articulation, it's blocked in a number of places and certain joints aren't included in other places that would really help poseability (ie - ankle hinges). On my copy, at least, both feet frequently pop off at the ankle rotation joints and the lower left arm tends to pop off at the elbow.

17. dalton14y

dalton14y Decepticon Slayer

go with voyager megatron. hes the better choice

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Deffinately Megatron. Hamburger jet-tank FTW. Plus his Robot mode is pretty damn great.

19. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    did not know about Meg's jet mode there.
    was gonna pass on him altogether. may get him now.

still have no feeling at all for the fallen.