Minor/Repaint: RotF Supreme Devastator

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by MonkeyBusiness, Feb 21, 2010.

1. MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness Autobot Engineer

I've been working on Devastator on and off for the better part of two months now. He's such a massive toy, it's like the equivalent of working on 2 Deluxes, 2 Voyagers, a Leader, and an Ultra class, all at once.

That being said, he's impressive as hell. Completing this is really an achievement, and I'm thrilled to be able to share it with the community.

So, some features -
    - Devastator's head was mounted on a balljoint so it has up, down, and side to side motion. Also, I did it in a way that allows it to be detached and stored in Mixmaster's cement drum. All without cutting a single wire!
    - His jaws can magnetically attach to the upper face
    - I made a neck using some piping I found at a hardware store.
    - He has pipes! Made out of the same piping as his neck, they attach magnetically from Scavenger to Mixmaster, Long Haul, and Rampage.
    - Hightower's hook is attached via a cable to the underside of the combiner connector. I had a pair of magnetic balls I planned to attach, but couldn't find a good spot.

Enjoy, and leave comments!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Looks cool

3. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    That's a biiiiig project for sure.
    Couple of things you could improve on, first all the dirty, grimy, muddy bits should start in the lower/recessed areas and work their way up.
    Just getting the higher bits dirty tends to leave a lot of plasticy colors to pop out and grab ya from those lower recessed areas making it not so convincing.
    Pics...the size of this fig makes it hard - I know, but the flash does more harm than good.
    I can still feel the brightness behind my eyeballs, not good as I can't reeeeeaaaally tell what you have done here.
    And all the clutter in the back ground just adds to the more harm than good.
    Try setting up a spot with a blank background, add some lighting(turn off the flash) and use your macro setting.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  4. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    Looks awesome! I love the large amount of dirt and debris all over the figure. The eyes also look cool separated. I'd love to do something like this with my Devastator, but I don't have the skills... yet.

5. MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness Autobot Engineer

Yeah, the pictures really don't do it justice. I'll probably take some better pictures and repost. The flash really washes out a lot of the dark, dirty look I was going for.

Honestly, as far as painting goes, I learned more doing this than I did probably any other figure. There's so much to do, it really tests your patience and endurance. Also, your supply of paintbrushes.