ROTF Supreme Devastator set

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Red Alert, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    oh god, I hope so.

2. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

Oh I'd take it if someone paid me. Even if it was just a dollar. Then I'd light the thing on fire.

3. Soundout

Soundout Lost in G1

News Credits:
    Pre-ordered it 4 days ago on BBTS. I think he looks cool, granted not the best they could do. Since Hasbro has to design toys a year and a half out, they probably had to work off of an unfinished design.

If anything it'll be fun to put legends Mudflap in his mouth!

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I'll get him at some point.

But I am not spending $100 on it. No fucking way.

Hasbro has still yet to show anything to justify that price tag.

5. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still on the fence with this figure. Normally, I would simply buy TFs without a 2nd thought but the fact that the individual vehicles don't transform is a real put-off for me.

6. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Haven't seen the movie, but apparantly since Devy's vehicles don't transform, I am not as heartbroken that they don't have bot modes. Still going to hold off on this till we get all the CC's in Deluxe/Voyager class and see what happens with an accessory mod. I might pick this up on discount.

7. Necrocom4

Necrocom4 Well-Known Member

after seeing the movie im starting to look at him now. cant say the head is really that accurate. it should be alittle lower like the upper-center of his chest. i just remember from the movie that his suction/grinder mouth was exhausting out is center of his back. which i thought was pretty cool. i wanna see a radicon get some scale model construction vehicles and mod them to make a dead accurate devastator. wether they have robot modes im not caring about as much anymore.

8. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    When it goes on clearance, I think I might be interested.

9. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    You had me at Supreme Class Transformer.

I'll pick one up as soon as I see it.

10. Nemesis Chris

Nemesis Chris mental minibot

so, the initial pictures and videos i saw from botcon kind of had him squatted down, almost ape-like. now all the pictures have him upright looking like the corky of transformers. i'll get him, reluctantly, but if he just stands there looking......special, i'll be returning him.

11. bigOPrevenge

bigOPrevenge Member

condfused and disturbed

when i first heard devs would be $100 for a non-transforming set i wasnt upset by this even tho the non-transforming robots is the worst mistake in toy history. this thing will bomb because of it but that made me want it more. i figured this thing would be huge and have an awesome paint job, combined mode and features, but from the looks of pics i think i will be sorely disappointed. And hoping that hasbro would show some good grace and accept the consequences of the mistakes made on this toy by dropping the price by $10 or so but no they jack it up to $110? wtf? and its like $130 in the uk. Now i dont think i want it. theres was a lot of hype for a big(not really) expensive let down and i cant even find a review on it to finally decide. next time a little less secrecy would do hasbro some good. not worth giving hasbro the satisfaction (even tho i might still get it)

12. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Seems to be worth more like 50, maybe 60 bucks. Might get it if it drops down in that range.

13. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    I wonder how many of these you could fit on the back of a giant dump truck...

14. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    No Robot Balls, No Buy LOL but seriously the paint apps are so bland or non-existent on him that I refuse to spend $100 bucks on Tonkastator I will wait for the uber clearance isle price that is inevitable

15. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    just speaking the truth man. everyone would want one if it wasnt $100 if it was more like $50 or $60 then hell yea. its that damn price tag thats putting everyone off.

although it does piss me off all there money went into making that when they couldve spent soem to make a Supreme Animated OS.

and I think this will turn into Supreme Cheetor hes so easy to get its not even funny. so if im right ill wait to get him really cheap

16. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    So true, if he was even $80 I would consider him just for the size factor, but for me $100 non-detail lame paint paperwieght is an easy pass chop $30 of the price and I'd probably buy him

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, but the fact that he's ONLY six vehicles isn't.

Still, when the sale hits. Just so I can see what I can do with him as far as paint goes.

18. Necrocom4

Necrocom4 Well-Known Member

ive search for a few pictures and im really starting to like him now. a few subtle mods and some weathering paint and depending on how you pose him he should look pretty damn awesome. dunno where this pic is but he looks pretty good from the side:

[​IMG]

add a couple wrecking balls and im sold. $110 is a bit much. i agree with the $60 mark more but im sure once i see some reviews on it ill probably go out and dump my wallet on the counter like a kid dumping his change for some candy.

19. -Wreckage-

-Wreckage- I'm Not An Architect

News Credits:
    I'll only get him o clearense... like, for no more then $10 or so... 'cause I would like to use him in my pic comic...

20. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    that pic actually makes him look pretty good lol so does that proto pic on the 2nd page. but still clearance is where its at