ROTF Superion VS rotf leader Jetfire?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by iheartarcee, Jul 15, 2009.

1. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

I'm trying to only buy a couple toys a month so I need to be picky. Should I get the combiner Superion or Leader Jetfire? Jetfire isnt even in my area yet but probably will be soon and I was wondering what you guys thing about these 2 figures. I know theyre 2 completely different toys but Id appreciate your input!

Thanks in advance!

ps.. I do have rotf leader prime

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  2. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Superion.... He's getting more and more scarce to get. Jetfire will be here for a while and more available to get since he's slowly being released here and there.

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Jetfire, no contest. I have been seeing quite a few more Superions shelfwarming than Jetfires.

Plus, he's just a cooler figure, IMO.

4. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

in my opinion, i think you should weigh out what you want more in your collection. also another factor would be if you have leader prime and you want to combine jetfire with prime. for me, i never got a combiner before so i bought superion. it's a neat figure, although the limbs could have been better. of course there's the add on by fansproject but that costs another 40 dollars. so if you wanted to make superion look great, that would cost you 29.99 + 40.00 (appendage kit) and that equals around 70.00. even though it looks cool, i couldn't bare to spend that extra 40 and would rather save that 40 for other toys then just limbs. of course you could also pass and you'd spend only 30 dollars. but in the end it depends on what you want more in your collection. i'm saving to get jetfire as i already made enough to buy him. maybe you could save a bit and get both :) 

5. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Find/buy me a Jetfire, and I'll let you know :D 

6. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

You could get Superion this month and Jetfire next. However if you are only getting 1..... go for Jetfire. He is so much cooler.

7. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    this. jetfire looks a better figure, but it'll be easier to find this.. superion is ok, but its not that great, but it might be harder to find later on..
    but yeah, if ur gonna buy just one, ever, go for jetfire

8. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    Jetfire + Prime = Win.

9. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Superion. Call me picky, but a Leader class jet with a robot underneath just doesn't do it for me.

10. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I hate superion's hands and feet. I'm waiting for bruticus. I say get Jetfire. Just cause his alt mode is HUGE!

11. Nightwing24

Nightwing24 00 Agent

News Credits:
    Get Jetfire. Superion looks crappy and only looks cool with the Fansproject set.Although imao the add on pack is way over priced, so to make him look good you're going to have to pay at least $80 way more than Jetfire.

12. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    jetfire 100%

13. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

We run into a "what's available" conundrum here. Honestly, I'd grab Superion, then grab Jetfire at a later date. If it's one or the other, PERIOD, I'd probably get Jetfire.

If you check Superion's feedback thread, there's a bunch of pictures that have different fan modes you can use to make him look better, without the appendage kit, and I've noticed that store exclusives seem to kinda shelfwarm for a little while, then suddenly disappear without a trace. Not that I've seen a store exclusive even once since I moved to TX, but that's beside the point... that's just a bitter comment. ;) 

Jetfire is a Leader class, will cost a little more, and will be technically available at any store who carries Transformers. Being a prominant character in the movie, chances are, unless your store only carries the first two or three waves of toys until new stuff comes out, he'll show up at some point. If not, he'll be easily ordered online.

Superion... once he disappears from Target? His price will go up.

If you want both, get Superion first, then get Jetfire when you've got the money again.

14. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Jetfire.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Jetfire.

16. pcsguy88

pcsguy88 I'm a Toys R Us kid TFW2005 Supporter

Jetfire might be one of the best Tranformers released in the US. He is simply stunning and has ridiculous amounts of detail. Like all Movie TF's, he needs some drybrushing to bring out the detail. His SR-71 top is perfect, like a diecast model and his combined mode with Prime, when the feet are done right, is unbeatable. The worse part about Jetfire is once they are combined, him and Prime seem a bit boring alone. I could not be happier with my purchase of Jetfire. Screw the alt mode kibble, it is easily overlooked.

17. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I really don't see the alt mode kibble as being "easily overlooked." It's bloody awful, especially given the fuss people made about Universe Silverbolt.

18. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you want both, get Superion now. Target doesn't usually wait a long time before clearancing their exclusives, so the Superion set likely isn't going to be out on shelves for much longer...and if there's another screw-up like with the last batch of Animated exclusives, Superion might not be around for long on clearance. Jetfire, on the other hand, hasn't hit saturation yet and, given that the more expensive Leader class figures don't sell as quickly, you should be able to find him easily for a long time to come.

19. pcsguy88

pcsguy88 I'm a Toys R Us kid TFW2005 Supporter

Use an aircraft stand and have it flying away from you. It looks as good as the $100 diecast replica that came out a few months back. I hate aircraft kibble, but the top is so good and so easily hidden on display, it is a non-issue.

20. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Superion. Get him while you can and out of the way.