RotF Superion Oddity (Not the Knee Issue)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Noizemaze, Jun 12, 2009.

1. twichy

twichy Well-Known Member

he was 5... :banghead:  not much forethought to what they do i think... asking him that question is a bit like asking why your children decided to be born to you. no useful info will come out of it

2. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Joke detector broken again, eh?

3. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Since I never owned and Energon Combiners. I never knew that there was a difference. After seeing the original I am kind of upset about it. I like the sharp edge nose with the nice pin strip across the front. I like detail.

4. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    i just checked the OFTCC version of that plane and it has the pointy tip...so that change had to have been ordered within the last 2 years...breakaway was out in 2006 right?

5. TransFan1996

TransFan1996 Well-Known Member

Never noticed that

6. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    I noticed the nose issue when we first saw pictures of the set lol

7. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know if that is necessarily true. I may be wrong, but I wonder if (since Botcon is aimed for adult collectors) they can sell those as "adult collectibles" or somesuch thing?

8. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Thank you for posting something intelligent in the thread.

Seriously, the rest of you: It's just turning a stupid toy's dumb nosecone from pointy sharp to safe. If this change saves even ONE child's life, it's worthwhile, and all of you should be ashamed for crying about a toy you don't really care about anyway.

9. Blaspherian

Blaspherian Well-Known Member

My Superion had the knee issue(easy fix), the flaps on his waist tend to wanna come off, the wings on Silverbolt's arms appear to be on the wrong sides as well, Fireflight is missing his front landing gear. Other than that it's a cool toy, lol. It's also good to see that Skydive went ahead with the sex change operation that he's wanted since the 80's.

10. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    ill still be getting it the rounded noses don't bother me

11. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

Why didn't they just make the tip rubber?

12. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

How exactly is a child going to kill themselves on that pointy nosecone? It wasn't tipped with metal originally, was it?

Honestly, this country is getting waaay to anal about this stuff. And I'm a parent with young children, so it's not that I 'just don't understand or care.'

13. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Protip: You don't need to be metal to kill.

You know how squishy an eyeball is? How soft a vein is? How easy it is to damage a throat (especially when kids put stuff in their mouths?).

Sharp plastic is way more than enough to seriously injure or potentially kill a child. A child's body is different than an adult's too, and considerably weaker in many regards. Falling on the toy the wrong way is enough to kill.

14. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

Darn it! I was planing on poking my eyes out with that! now how am i gonna poke out my eyes? DARN YOU CHILD SAFTEY LAWS!

15. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    ^^^I totally agree.

For all of us collectors out there we must understand; Transformers is for the kids. If a simple blunted nose cone is really making you guys that upset then that's the thing to be worried about. Have fun with these toys. If you want a "collector's item," go get yourself a MP Grimlock or something. The way I see it, and I agree with Transfotaku, if these child safety laws help save one kid's life then it was worth it. We all grew up just fine with all the mishaps that happened with our toys, but it's a changing world. Let's adjust to the change just like the the Transformers CHANGE into their alternate forms :thumbs2: 

16. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Uh, me.

I actually hurt myself with toys that weren't blunted a lot as a kid. Also, your comaprison is completely wrong. Guns are not toys. Are you trying to insinuate that just because a toy comapny uses lead paint in it's toy, it's not their fault, but the child who's eating it?

Also, cool racism bro.

17. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Personally, I don't care about the rounded nose.

I don't have it in hand yet... I have the original Storm Jet, the blue/white bomber, and once owned the black colored other limb... But a little remold I don't care much about for the sake of safety, sure, I'm cool with that. If we were talking about changing it on a product aimed at older kids who know better, I'd prefer we let Darwin sort those out, but as it is, these toys are aimed at kids who are going to play with them, possibly hard, and I'd rather see a kid get poked in the eye and cry cause it hurts than have a kid get seriously hurt. I don't know if this change is THAT big a deal, but maybe it is.

18. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Seriously. It looks kinda ******ed. Like they smashed into a wall hard or something.

19. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I am not that concerned about this instance but it worries me for the prospects of getting MP Grimlock. His fingers and teeth are pointy and would look stupid otherwise.

Lets not forget that the oldest and still most popular child's toy comes in many sharp and pointy configurations - the stick, it just might put your eye out.

20. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Sorry, the danger is still exaggerated, imo. I have one of the Energon jets with the 'sharp' nosecone, and I still don't quite see how my 2-year-old daughter is going to kill herself with it. Could she be injured? Probably. Could she be injured with the remolded version? Probably.

And thanks for the lesson, but I'm familiar with how different/weaker a child's body is from an adults. I have two children, the older of which has several Transformers from Energon on up, and somehow I've managed to not kill them yet.