RotF Straightaway Shootout

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Renidragon, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I'm not really a Legends class kinda guy. I have trouble justifying to myself $5 for a legends class toy when $10 (well, now $12) buys me a Deluxe... I feel like Deluxes give me the best bang for my buck.

Still, I see people raving about how awesome and fun Legends toys are, so when I saw the 5-pack for $15, I bit.

I'm glad I did.

The only Legends toy I had previously was Cybertron Sunstorm... very cool, but just a substitute for the Voyager I could no longer find. Did eventually find him on these boards though. I just felt the Legends Sunstorm to be inferior to Voyager Starscream, though, that I never bothered to get anymore. A friend got me a Legends Cybertron Soundwave later on, and, well... his alt mode, for me, fit together as well as I could get the voyager to - that being not at all.

Still, these little guys are awesome. Definitely like Sparkcrusher (lawl) the best, with Swerve and Ironhide coming in a close second. Mudflap, the centerpiece of the package... kinda sucks though. :( 

Had a few beers. Would take pics and stick this in the reviews forum, but... well, no pics, and I'm just kinda talking about em all. Mods, if this DOES belong in the Feedback section, I'm sorry, and please move. :) 

2. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    I bought this. Kept Mudflap, gave Runamuck and Sparkcrusher away, and my parents lost Swerve and Ironhide.

3. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I don't really like Mudflap that much, but I like the other four.

4. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Deal was that I'd keep one, give two away and save the other two for Christmas. Dad lost Swerve and Ironhide.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Yah the cybertron soundwave legends is a bit of a pain to transform

6. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Boy, I hear ya.

7. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

I've been waiting for the price on this to go down from $20, I really like the Legends class figures, especially the RotF ones, which are far better designed than most anything that came before. I never found Warpath & really prefer his original red version, but I do like the Swerve & Ironhide figures in this set. Ironhide in particular, the painted windshield gives him kind of a Premium Series feel.

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    you know my first thought on dealing the legends figure was if this little one is this bad Im not sure I want the full sized version

9. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    I felt like "Wow, this sucks. Wonder what the Voyager is like?"