ROTF stockpiling?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Solscud007, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    I was thinking, why not stock pile a bunch of deluxes and voyagers from TRU before their sale ends. then when later waves come out, you buy them at walmart, target, TRU etc. Then return your stockpiled extras as those new ones. As if you bought them for $7.99/$17.99

Just a thought.

2. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    To me, it's just not right. I'm not gonna tell others not to do it, but I don't think I can do it with a clear conscience.

3. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Aside from any possible ethical conflicts some may or may not have with doing something like that, it's really too much work (driving back and forth, going through the return process, et cetera) for too little of a payoff.

That said, there will always be sales; this isn't a one-time thing for just these new releases.

4. Computer5

Computer5 Well-Known Member

Muy Malo T_T

5. oddsey

oddsey Fuzzy Wuzzy was a woman?

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

I've done exactly that in the past with Animated and Universe figures and will again when the sales start in the UK.

I realise it's a bit naughty. :eek:  But, I just think of it as me helping Hasbro UK with their appalling distribution!!

I do usually buy a full price figure from a shop and then return one from my cheap stash to exchange for another I need. So I'm at least giving the shop one new full price sale as well as the swap.

6. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, same here. I just get what's available while its on sale. I usually don't have the extra cash to stock up anyway :) 

7. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah I havent done so. But I did get a Voyager SS so I can return it for a Stratosphere. Stratosphere is a voyager right?

I couldnt find brown breakaway at TRU so I bought a normal breakaway just in case.

8. Zress Tayasu

Zress Tayasu Axiom

thread starter here reminds me of the jerks on /toy/ who are still fraudulently using the coupons from that mcdonalds/TFA promo. except they probably will do both dishonorable actions at once. *tch tch tch*

9. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I couldn't do it. I believe in karma.

10. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    I dont really see the problem. It is merely making the system working for you. Why should I have to pay full price if I dont have to? Its just the crazy markups of profit for Walmart and Target etc that is at risk. IT doesnt hurt hasbro cause Target and walmart has already bought the toys. Its not like I buy the toy and swap it out with a POS toy. It is an even trade. Only difference is I paid $5 less. three figures bought at full price is 4 figures at sale price. but im not taking advantage of that. Im just trying to save money and use the system to help me do that.

11. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    no sorry i cannot approve of this as while your sitting on your cheap bot stash there could be people looking for the very toys you have but can't find them because your looking to make a small profit, i consider this just a notch above scalping

12. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Why not leave the figures for others who want them instead of buying a shit ton of toys to exchange in the future. Sale items should be as is and not returned or should need the reciept and only given credit for the amount spent.

13. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    There will be other sales.

14. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    It's an ethical decision. Personally I wouldn't do it. Plus stores track return purchases to see if trends are developing. I've heard of people being denied returns or told that they will be under a different return policy due to abuse. But I'm sure people here will voice out against it. I'm just telling ya what I know. =)

15. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    its a possibility but id feel like a complete XXXX and just plain sad for conducting something like that to save a few $$ on some toys.

dont know why, i just would.

16. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    You could but you better hope the receipt does not fade after a month.

tru requires a receipt for all returns now and some of them wont allow exchanges for different figures(if you do 1-2 they dont care but if you brought in 5 or more it will be questioned)

Plus it is a dick move that screws up inventory.

17. Computron34

Computron34 Always Tired

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You might get away with it at Target, as they have a universal DCPI for all toys, ie all deluxes are the same, all voyagers are the same, all scouts are the same, etc. But as for Wal-Mart, atleast around here, each item goes by its specific UPC or whatever code on the individual figure. Sideswipe is different from sideways is different from bumblebee. etc. so they only allow that specific item to be return that is on the receipt.

Plus yeah, ethics.

18. paramedicprime

paramedicprime Banned

i dont think the thread starter is thinking about buying 5 of each figure. probably just a few extra. i really dont see anything wrong with it myself.

19. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

If you don't want to pay full price, I guess you can just steal it.

You're right... it's just crazy that Walmart and Target is trying to make a profit... and pay for all the employees and overhead.

I'm glad it's just all about you trying to "save" money.

I wonder what the demography is for those who think it's wrong and those who don't. Age, income and job.

20. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Hrm.. a thread dedicated to thieving? Sounds mildly against the rules here. And just plain silly.