ROTF Starscream..

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jaicen, May 1, 2010.

1. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Given that i've got Leader Prime, Jetfire and Megs, is it worth holding out for the Leader class Starscream? I know the Voyager has good reviews, and to be honest, I think the jet mode is much nicer. Is the leader class mold worth the wait and the extra expense?
    Any opinions??

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Depends on what you want in a toy. It sounds as though you're already sold on getting the Voyager, and if that is the case, I'd go for that. The Voyager is a very accomplished toy and an excellent version of the character sadly overshadowed from the moment of the release by news of the Leader class version.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Voyager Starscream's great. Sure the leader looks very impressive, but that doesn't mean the Voayger isn't.

I'd say get both if you have the money. Leader SS is still a little ways off, and while it looks to be the ultimate movie Starscream, the Voyager is like, first runner-up.

4. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Grrr, i'm undecided. I guess it comes down to how much they're each going to cost really. Voyagers still seem expensive this side of the pond. I can't say i've ever seen Voyager Starscream either thinking about it.
    I'm collecting the toys for my son to play with when he's older, (for leaders read:MUCH older!), so i've got all the legends I can find, Deluxe BB & Soundwave, then the leaders. I figure a voyager class would fit nicely into that mix as a medium complexity toy, which is what I was going to get originally. Only trouble is I saw a video review of the Leader, and now i'm all Grrr... It's damn good!

5. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Are you really buying them for your son, or is that your cover. :-?

If you're depending on what's available this side of the pond, there's a quite strong chance you may never see Leader Starscream at standard retail.

Voyager Starscream... of the first four Voyager molds... went comparatively quickly due to a) not being a repaint b) easily being a far more intesting toy than Demolishor.

...Don't have the leader to compare it to, but as a toy in itself, it's not bad.

Tattoo details tend to rub off though... and the visible cannons/hands at the back are definitely not a plus.

6. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

if you have already 3 leaders and you think you can afford getting Starscream when it's out, i believe you WILL eventually buy leader Scream anyway. So the question becomes, can you wait til he's released or do you want to pay extra for a voyager, too? :) 

7. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I personally love Voyager Starscream. Hell, I'll probably still like him for his own positive points, even when Leader Starscream comes out. I say get him.

8. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I suspect this is the likeliest outcome ;) 

And yes, the ROTF line I am (mostly :eek: ) collecting for my little'un, though my other half disagrees! Stuff like the deluxes i've not even opened, likewise some of the Legends. The Leaders I've had to open, because I can't really store them with the batteries in for 5 or more years.
    The masterpiece line on the other hand......

9. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    ROTF voyager is a great toy, but compared to the leader class he suddenly doesn't look that hot anymore. Great jetmode, though!

If you can afford it, I'd say pick up the leader. Voyager is still a fun toy with a fun transformation, so it's not a bad choice.

10. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

As excited as i am for the leader Starscream i still love the voyager. I think the voyager looks pretty good and i love the mechalive in his chest. I think both are worth getting and both have their merits. I am looking forward to the new voyager battle blade prime cause him voyager megs and voyager screamer will make a great display along with some of the others they will be in scale with. And leader Starscream will look great along side leader Prime and jetfire. Dont have leader megatron not sure if i am gonna pick him up or not.
    Also i will say this starscream and the seekers are my favorite off all time and while i do not have money right now to hit up ebay for all of the henkei seekers i try to get all of the seekers stateside realease since i started collecting again. Cant wait for Thrust!

11. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Voyager, by himself, is a great Transformer. When you compare him to the Leader version, he isn't that great. So if you want him, get him, but just don't compare the two figures.

12. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    The Leader toy is clearly vastly superior to the Voyager. From what's been seen so far in photos and video reviews, it's more & better articulated, has a better sculpt, is more detailed & better finished, and far more screen accurate. IMO it's the best Leader toy we've had so far, the designers have done an exceptional job with it. Surely the one to go for :)