ROTF Starscream question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Torque, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    is he really enough of an improvement to warrant a second toy? i mean, ive held him and transformed him once, but i wasnt quite convinced-plus, hes got alot less mass, and his legs are funky. is it worth getting his new toy?

2. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    Eh. Up to you. I'm not getting the new Voyager of him though. I have him from the first movie and don't really see too much of a difference between them. When his leader class figure comes out im gonna pick that one up.

3. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Get him. This one is a major improvement over the first one. The first one is a piece of crap.

4. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    I have the 2007 Voyager, and from what i heard, the ROTF is a very big improvement. I was planning to get him until I heard news of an apparently very awesome Leader version.
    Now I'll wait for that instead of going for another Voyager.

5. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

ROTF seems to be a big improvement, but I'm waiting for the leader class.

6. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd say yea, his legs are a little odd, and his hands aren't perfect, but he represents the character much better than the first figure does imho. But I'll also be pickin the leader class up too, just bc I thought that was the size class he should have been to begin with and if I'd of known the leader was true I'd of waited, no matter how much an improvement this is ove 07 ss

7. Hureno

Hureno Active Member

Well if you don't mind having 2 ROTF starscreams then I say HELL YES!!!
    But if you're only gonna get one, I'd say wait for the leader.

8. poorboy8u

poorboy8u Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's a huge improvement over the old one. get em.

9. mpchi

mpchi Well-Known Member

My hopes would be on the upcoming Leader Class as well. Unless Hasbro/Takara flopped big time, the Leader Class is going to be THE Movie Starscream toy to have, with all the experiences they have for 2 iterations of this character, as well as the big size to help concealing robot parts in jet mode that smaller sized toys can't do.

10. Matterzero

Matterzero Well-Known Member

The second voyager Starcream is a good toy with a great alt mode, and a nice and a really cool transformation where the jet unfolds inside out, its worthy mold to pick up even if you have the 2007 one or you plan on getting the leader class one

11. Bat Trap

Bat Trap Makes the Pie Higher

I'm a Starscream fan, so I don't mind getting this one and the leader.

12. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I have the new voyager version as well as the TFTM version. The new one looks much better imo, even though the hands and feet are not all that great.

Basically this guy is just tiding me over untill leader version gets here. I might even be displayng Leader Starscream fighting the HA figures a long with HA Barricade, and leave the voyager displayed with the ROTF main line.

13. scalan15

scalan15 Banned

I bought the first voyager back in 2007, and I also got the target exclusive starscream that had a much better paint job, but this new voyager Starscream is the best one yet, awesome NEW Transformation, looks great, my only complaint is that you can see his claws/hands in the rear. other than that I rank him up with the Demolisher toy as the best ones, I'm not going to get the voyager prime since it is pretty much the same toy that came out in 2007, not much different

14. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

hell yes, think about real jets and how much better his jet mode is, plus the tribal tats, and its just sleeker and alot of epic win.

15. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    He is worth it, way better than the 07 one, I really like mine, I sold off my 07 one, he sucks compared to the new one, IMO, I just wish the hands tucked in somewhere...

16. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

I got the Voyager one, I'll decide whether to get the leader AFTER I see the pictures of him. Being leader size doesn't automatically make him better, ROTF Leader Megatron vs ROTF Voyager Megatron anyone... I rest my case.

17. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Yes. Get the new Voyager Starscream. It's worth it. I own both, I have both displayed. The new one is just a flat out better looking toy.

Don't buy all this "wait for the Leader class one" talk. Nothing about that was confirmed at BotCon, and it's still just a rumor. The three RotF Leaders are Prime, Megs, and Jetfire. The supposed 4th Leader isn't even planned to come out for some time, whether it's Starscream or not.

Get the toy now. IF the 4th Leader is indeed Starscream, get it when it comes out.

18. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, Leader Starscream was both confirmed and shown at Botcon.

19. Aurora Bluewolf

Aurora Bluewolf Aurora Bluewolf

if you have the money, i'd say get it. Personally, i love starscream enough that i'd get 2 if i had problems with one. But it varies from figure to figure, some have looser joints than others (at least a lot of mine) i'm not sure if it was a production error or just teh design itself, but either way it's your call. They have dirt Boss and Depth Charge under the movie lines! at least at my Target they do.

20. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure it was confirmed. Tony Bacala posted it live during the Hasbro panel

Get the voyager anyway