ROTF Starscream back tab

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autobotic9, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Autobotic9

Autobotic9 Well-Known Member

Hi, when you push all the back kibble including his wings onto his back, are those two tabs on the back assembly supposed to hold the square tab on the other piece in place when you collapse it? Are you supposed to push them all the way in?

2. Autobotic9

bump

3. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    I'm not sure which piece you mean... but if you mean the strut that connects to the wing assembly, the one that sits at about a 45 degree angle to his back, then no. There's a raised spot inside the pivot assembly that keeps it in place.

4. Autobotic9

No, I mean the parts that hold the two sides to the hinge assembly together when you collapse the back part onto his back

5. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    take a picture of it

6. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    I just checked mine : personally I wouldn't advise to do this because it puts a bit of unnecessary stress force on the tabs & the backshell and it doesn't add any substantial hold, on the backpack. (plus, it forces the wings back again because they'll strain against SS's torso)

Basically, the ridge on the hinge of the assembly keeps the whole thing in place at an exact angle.