Minor/Repaint: ROTF: Skids and Mudflap (Ice Cream Twins)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by dyingwill3rd, Aug 12, 2009.

1. dyingwill3rd

dyingwill3rd Life is a fabled mystery

Hey everyone!!! When I bought Jolt, I also bought the Ice Cream Twins!!! I loved them in the movie, so I tried my best to make them accurate enough!!!

I couldn't find their images that went on them, so I created my own!!!

The labels, Ice Cream, and Ice Cream menus are all printouts.

Hope you like what I've done! I tried my best to make them look as dirty as possible!!!

Don't forget to C&C!!!!

2. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I would just like to say well done. My only real critique would be the windows, i just dont dig but, but overall, nice job!

3. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know you said you went with the "dirty look" but it looks sorta painted messy. The paint, particularly the white, looks thick. And I'm not sure why there is pink on the tires. Did you try to simulate overspray of pink from the body of the car? I do like the labels you made.

Before anyone asks, no I didn't score this a 1 star.

4. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Very nice. Although if I saw that truck in real life, I wouldn't buy ice cream.

5. soundwaveprime

soundwaveprime New Member

kool I like how u put the little ice cream selection in there

6. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    RADICONS GUIDELINES/ETIQUETTE

2. Constructive Criticism is not only welcomed, but encouraged. That being said, replying to a project thread with a simple negative like “that sucks” will not be tolerated, as it is out-right flaming and will not be allowed here. As defined by the Merriam-Webster dictionary, Constructive means “promoting improvement or development <constructive criticism>”1 Constructive criticism would be along the lines of “I think you did a good job of ___, however, I think that your custom would benefit from trying to ___”. Constructive criticism allows all of us to grow as artists, to push our envelopes and become better at what we do, and also does not needlessly, or pointlessly insult each other. Likewise, please accept the fact that your customs might not always meet everybody's aesthetic taste. Be a sport.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2009
  7. cyclonus666

cyclonus666 target master

thats really cool, I like the lables alot, I just dont like the tire's

8. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    quoted comment removed - plowking

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2009
  9. Insecticons

Insecticons The different Kitbasher

Hey man , dont feel offended , but it looks like you have to improve your skills a bit...
    I mean , the pink isnt really covering everything , but the wheels.
    Bot modes are still pretty good , like the robot parts , but the alt mode is not very nice , especially the decals are looking sloppy , and why the hell does they have decepticon Symbols on em?
    Dont get me wrong , its just that you have to practice painting a bit more ;) 

Greetings , Insecticons

10. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Sorry DW3, but the paint is sloppy and caked on. Are you sure you're using thin coats? Are you priming? Also, did you try repainting the the pink and white entirely?

However, I did score it high in an attempt to offset the low rating.

11. ThinkTank Customs

News Credits:
    yes a bit too rude, feel very sorry for that

i think the problem her eis he want too much too fast, so the toys are looking panted, not real, don't know how to explain, sorry

12. Satomiblood

It think you're just really excited about posting these on Radicons as well as Youtube and it results in a lot of rush jobs, or at least that's what it looks like.

If you took your time and focused on cleaner, more precise paint apps, then I think your customs would look a lot better. Even if you have limited resources, I know these can come out a lot better than what you've shown us.

I'm not the best painter myself, but I try taking my time and the results are indicative of that.

13. dyingwill3rd

I drybrushed these guys after applying the first layer of paint. My white always looks caked on.

For those who like it, I'm glad. I don't have all the resources others have, but I make due with what I have. For those who say I have to improve my skills, I find that funny, since up until this point, others say I have improved. I'm not mad, I find it amusing.

They have a "Decepticon's suck my popsicle" deco on them, but you can't see it properly.

14. Satomiblood

For a while, your paint seemed to improve. It wasn't as caked on as it was in the past. But in this particular case, it looks like you took a step back.

I'm just trying to be honest here. You have to take the criticism coupled with the positive feedback.

15. ThinkTank Customs

News Credits:
    ehrm? no resources? you buy a figure nearly every week and customiz nearly every week, this can't be the matter.

all other: like saotomiblood said all the truth :) 

i don't want to make you sad or angry, but when work could be much better, then there is place for constructive critism - not rough as my first one (sorry again for that) - but something like said should be said

16. Satomiblood

In his defense, he's only 16, so you can only get on him about it so much. He doesn't have as much money and resources.

17. ThinkTank Customs

News Credits:
    i know one here on the board he's 15, has a lot fewer resources to do customs, and the prices in hiscountry are 3 time higher than in the us, and he does it as well her ein radicons.

but thats not the fact here, you said exact the right thing: more time to spend in the work and it's done.

i think so too!

with this the discussion has ended for me, he make shis own way and its good, he learns with every work he did, i know that, my first things where garbage, not good work like the work from dyingwill3rd here in radicons, so its ok :) 

18. dyingwill3rd

I know Satomi, you've always appeared on my Customs and said that. I really appreciate it. What I find funny is that a lot of people paid attention to this custom, but not much really paid attention to my Custom ROTF Jolt, and I thought he was one of my best paintjobs yet.

When I say resources, I mean like really expensive paints and airbrushes. Cause whenever I go out, I always find a cool figure I want to get, but I only have enough afterwards to get the paint I've been using.

Plus, for your earlier comment, it's okay. You should see what kind of criticism I get on Youtube. One guy called a repaint of mine a pile of $#!t.

Again, thanks Satomi for your understanding. Plus with my dad retiring next year, it's gonna be harder to get new resources, so I have to make due with what I got

Thanks limewire. I enjoyed your first customs though. They were very cool. The fact that you do like some of my work, that makes me glad. :) 

19. Satomiblood

First of all, you don't exactly need an airbrush to repaint a figure successfully. A lot of JinSaotome's work was done with a brush. I use a brush myself. It's cheaper for me and I'm more comfortable using one because I can control where the paint goes. Just a preference. Not knocking the use of sprays and airbrushes.

I've seen you customize quite a few figures. Why not spend your allowance on better brushes instead of a new toy?

20. Satomiblood

95% of Youtube comments are worthless.