Minor/Repaint: ROTF: Skids and Mudflap (Ice Cream Twins revisited)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by dyingwill3rd, Aug 19, 2009.

1. dyingwill3rd

dyingwill3rd Life is a fabled mystery

Due to many comments about my Ice Cream twins the first time, I took sometime last weekend and today to adjust them!

I sanded down the white parts to look less cake-like and glossed the robot parts.

I hope they look better than before!!!

The pics were taken with the same camera, only now they feature a black Background with lights

Don't forget to C&C!!!

Attached Files:

2. newguy

newguy i

Now i really miss my skids and mudflap. I'm not a big fan of the charactors, but this figure is pure awesome. I want to get a bunch, so i can paint them in different ways.
    Sadly i melted the bottom pink parts of them, when i was trying to remove some black paint. The thinner was way too strond, and melted the plastic.

3. dyingwill3rd

Man that bites. Hope you can find a new one soon!

4. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Yes, very cool. Cannot wait to find them.

5. OPMEGS1.0

OPMEGS1.0 I Dislike Hotshot's jam!

Ebay:
    Suck...my...popsicle!

6. newguy

newguy i

I can find him. Im using the uper white part of the vehicle look way cool. When i get the other twins (Maybe 2) I can swap the different tops.
    So far i've removed the speaker and icecream piece. I also removed the old mirror piece, and I'm going to put a more movie accurate one on it. I also have some sweet exuast pipes, and just pretty much a bunch of sweet crome pieces for mine. I bought a modle car, and i now use the pieces for it.

7. dyingwill3rd

Thanks! Hope you find them soon dude!

lol

Adding chrome? Dude that would be awesome.

In the midst of all this, I find it odd that no one has complimented on my new picture taking style. hm... oh well. I guess people will notice eventually

Also, I guess someone really doesn't like my work or doesn't like Skids and Mudflap or RoTF. This is the second thread that I posted this year that has received a one star rating. Oh well in the words of many other radicons, sometimes the lowest rating means the better the custom :) 

8. blazingbullet10

blazingbullet10 Blazingbullet10000

i really like it especially the detail

9. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I like the background you used, but whatever camera you use is almost always out of focus, blurry, or too up close to make out what's going on. Is there another camera you can borrow from a friend or relative? If so, try taking new pictures with that.

10. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Ratings are not important, it is what the constructive comments and feedback from the posters that count. Don't fret it, my customs were worst than yours when I started. You are getting better.:thumb 

11. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    Can't really make out the details with the blurry, dark pics. Make a light tent set-up, my friend. It's pretty easy to cobble together your own, and I'm pretty sure you can find some desk lamps to use for lighting. No offense meant, man, but you've been here on Radicons for a very long time and I'm sure that a lot of people have commented on the quality of your photos.

12. dyingwill3rd

I know. This was a photo test run. To see if i should use these backgrounds or not. I'll try to set up a light tent this weekend, but in the meantime, I have a desklamp ready for when that happens :thumb 

13. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looking pretty cool , i just got my twins today in the mail and i heard from repro lables that they are working on a set of stickers for them to be more movie accurate, i may paint the rust spots in as well..

About the blurry pics, check on your camera and see if you have a setting that looks like a Flower (which is the Macro setting ) and set the camera to that setting. Then you can take pics from about 5 or so inches away from your stuff and it will stay perfectly clear.. I attached a pic of teh back of the camera i use and circled the setting in red so you can see what it looks like.. I have seen this same setting on a lot of different cameras so chances are that you have this setting as well. If not and you still have your user manual , look up how to set it to the MACRO setting. Once you getthe hang of using the macro setting you will be amazed how your pics look ..

And as was suggested in the above posts, a light tent would work nicely. There is a How to in the tutorials to make a very cheap one using a cardboard box and white tissue paper.

Good luck with it man and with your future works , you are getting good at these :) 

Attached Files:

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    After a new photo shoot, I'll be better able to tell what's going on :thumb 

15. dyingwill3rd

Thanks dude. I found the Macro setting. After I make my light tent, You'll see some better pics

16. Insecticons

Insecticons The different Kitbasher

Much more better than the first version! i like it!