ROTF Sideways

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ultrawave, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    So I'm in need of some help.

I've been debating and debating about getting ROTF Sideways, because every time I go down the Transformers Isle, he's sitting there shelfwarming, and I like his design so I kind of feel sad for him (Yep I'm crazy).

But I want to know, is Sideways a good mold, aside from his tiny feet? I've seen a few video reviews, but I guess I need some more opinions. Would he be very hard to say, quickly go over the BLINDING RED with a dark silver, and then go over his hood and roof with a black for a movie accurate paint job?

I'm stuck on the fence about this, so any help you guys can give would be a huge can of awesomeness.

2. TFareCool

TFareCool TFW's Camera Guy

News Credits:
    he is a great toy, and the firecrotch can be overlooked. Honestly he doesn't need the black on the hood (unless you want him to). If you use the flaps on his tires (the rear panels in vehicle) as heels (not chicken legged but actually fold them back as heels) he stands great i mean you can punch him lightly and he wont fall over....

3. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I love him (alot more than Sideswipe actually). Cool transformation, and despite the small feet hes pretty stable.

4. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just buy him

5. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Buy him. Or wait for the repaint if the colours bother you. He's fantastically stable if you position the wheels and panels on his legs correctly, and he looks like an Insecticon. What more do you want?

6. Ultrawave

News Credits:
    Really? I guess I've never seen him positioned with wheels like that then. The repaint colors look alright, but I don't want to do alot of work by switching the head and car parts onto the bodies. Is the red as blinding in person as it is in the pictures?

Haha, I may end up doing that anyway eventually

7. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    Buy him. Now.

The red isn't as annoying in person as it is in most pictures. However, it could still use a touch up. There is tons of detail all around the figure, and the transformation is nicely complex.

8. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This !^^^^^^^^^

9. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    He's a very cool figure. Nice in both modes, and he's got a good evil-looking robot form.

10. NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman Well-Known Member

Go for it! The feet originally worried me, but after getting him I didn't have any issues. The simple key is to use the tires as his heels. Also keep in mind that his legs are slightly birdlike (which on him with those toe-wheel feet) actually look great on him in person.

I love his upper-body - it's solid, has pretty neat Mech Alive action (spinning elbow gears), and his backpack and thin fly window wings lend him a cool alien vibe. One of my personal unexpected favorites from the line!

11. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    get him, i mean how can you say no to a body like this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    The only issue i have with him, are his arms. They look a little on the bulky side. And the ball joint on my left arm is loose. Other than that he is pretty cool.

13. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I'll definitely reccomend it. It's a LOT better than I thought it was going to be. My main gripe are the small feet, but that's an aestetic drawback, I don't have any problem with balance issues at all.

14. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    I took him back to the store the other day, him and almost all of the ROTF toys I bought, which so far has been the whole line. I bought them all at the same time and have slowly opened them up, and almost all of them have been a massive disappointment. I expected the engineering would have gotten better in the years between the 2 movie lines, especially since animated and classics 2.0 had such small amounts of kibble, great articulation and posability. The ROTF line has tons of kibble, poor posability and only decent articulation. The alt modes are pretty sweet, but I want a better bot mode than the kibble/shellformers that they are. Save your money for a Leader class Prime or a Voyager Fallen.

15. Ultrawave

News Credits:
    LOL The red doesn't look that bad in those pictures. Your pics and everyone else may have just convinced me to get him. I'm still slightly worried by the feet but that is apparently a smaller problem than I thought, so that's good to know.

>__>;; I already have Optimus Prime and The Fallen. Them and Soundwave were the first ones I got...

16. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

Get him. The feet aren't an issue. You can use the ankle piece (car's quarter panel) to stand him in any position you like. And if the red bugs you, hit it with a silver metallic sharpie. You can highlight the detailing wonderfully like it looks on ersico's pics. Sideways, and Rampage (for that matter), are sheer awesome, provided you can handle the transformations. I've come across a lot of fans in the past few weeks who are either too impatient, too hasty or too ******ed to follow the instructions and go from one mode to the other.

Though if you have Prime then you'll have no problem with any other figure in the line for the rest of time. You are a master of the art of transformation. :) 

17. kajobaldisimo

kajobaldisimo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if he was an autobot, i'd call him movie bluestreak

18. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    This. I'm sure many people will disagree but hey

19. Seeker24

Seeker24 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    He kicks ass.. buy him now.

20. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

I got him on impulse one day and he's actually better than I thought and has become one of my favorite TFs from the ROTF line. I never thought of using a silver sharpie! Seems so much easier than paint. Thanks for that tip! Oh yeah, and GET HIM! He's cool in both modes and his transformation may annoy you the first time getting him back into car mode, but he is so worth it. The repaint of him looks sweet too.