Minor/Repaint: ROTF Sideswipe wip

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Cody2003, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Cody2003

Cody2003 Well-Known Member

Just thought I would post this up. (first and foremost, sorry for the crappy image quality. I loaned my Rebel to a friend and am stuck with a relic of the last decade in the mean time)

Basically four coats of future clear on the car body and drybrushed/detailed bot parts.

It's almost there but still a work in progress. I still need to clear the robot mode "car" parts again and work on some missed areas of drybrush or other details I needed to wait for the clear to dry. As soon as I find out how to removed the blue paint on all the clear parts those will be stripped and redone with black tint to better match the real car. Anyone know? tried alcohol but didn't seem to work and didn't want to scrub to hard and scratch it. If I decide to do this guy again I'm going to try my hand at airbrushing on a new silver paint and removing all the flash/mold lines, but for now I like it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me know what you guys think!

Cody

Attached Files:

2. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks great, I'm gonna remove the mold flashin on mine, ans as for the windows I think that they are molded blue, try tinting the anyway, see how it comes out. If anything, get yourself some tamiya clear smoke and go over the outside of the windows, though, that may give you the same effect as tint.

3. Cody2003

Cody2003 Well-Known Member

nope they are clear. All the transparent parts are molded clear. When I disassembled it I could see the paint lines on the windshield piece.

I thought about just tinting the outside and then clearing over it, but I thought it would look odd to have the dark blue show through in bot mode. Who knows.

Good luck with yours!

4. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Are they now, I wasn't sure cuz I haven't started on mine.

5. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Very sexy car!

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    [​IMG]