ROTF Score question...?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ironhidefangirl, Aug 3, 2011.

1. ironhidefangirl

ironhidefangirl "I needed that!"

Hi all,

I just had two questions. In ROTF, when the camera zooms in on Diego Garcia after seeing Soundwave in space (I think...?) you can hear a rendition of New Divide, except with brass instruments. Is this part in the score...? If so, which piece?
    And the music they play when Galloway and his squad of armed vehicles arrive after Lennox and Co. see dead Optimus, is that part of Prime or another song? Thanks!

2. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yes NEST track #3

3. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    No that one is a more brash and energetic score, The one the OP is referring to is more gracile and smooth.

No the one your speaking of, OP, isn't on the score. Like half of the film's music that would have been great to hear.

4. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The part with the NEST theme was not released. Unfortunately, there was quite a bit of good music from both movies that was never released. I think the part when Optimus's corpse is dropped off at the NEST base might be from Prime, but I'm not sure.

5. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

I thought that part was from Precious Cargo?

Also, I know I've seen a 'complete' version of the first movie's score floating around the 'net. Even had it before my previous HD fried itself. Had a lot more tracks, incidental music, etc.

6. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I hate absence tracks! I wanted the extended version of NEST which I would assume would be the version in Shanghai that would lead into the version prior to the Forest Battle. :mad: 

7. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    No. Precious Cargo was when we see Sam and Mikeala and then the Decepticons fighting NEST.

8. Starscreamownz

News Credits:
    Yeah. Its from the Prime track

9. ironhidefangirl

ironhidefangirl "I needed that!"

Aw, that's annoying. I wish they'd make a complete score for ROTF too. For the first movie, the complete score has "Soccent Base" (beginning of movie, Lennox and Co. land on base), "Road Reunion" (Bee and other Autobots drive on desert highway to Mission City), and "The Hoover Dam" (this should be obvious) on it. I think they should've been included on the actual score, but, whatever.

Okay, I thought it was Prime! Precious Cargo is also good. It has a really dark and doom-impending feeling to it.

10. Optimus1138

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had known about that. I downloaded some of the songs from it from Youtube, since it's a bootleg score. I just wish there'd be at least a bootleg (preferably an official release, though) of the complete ROTF score. There was lots of great music that wasn't released, like the music from the Shanghai scene or some of the music from the final battle, like the new version of Scorponok.

11. Starscreamownz

News Credits:
    The whole Shanghai scene is "Nest" with a big chunk of "The shard" in it lol

I really want to hear the part where Galloway confronts the autobots, and the part of the Precious cargo track that got cut which was Sam and Mikaela running towards nest past Decepticons.

12. Optimus1138

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "NEST" plays when the NEST team is preparing to fight the Decepticons, but ends before the fighting begins. After NEST, there's a really epic version of Arrival to Earth that plays when Optimus parachutes in. Although part of "The Shard" was used, it also had unreleased music.

I believe the part when Galloway confronts the Autobots is from, or at least similar to, "The Fallen," although I'm not entirely sure about that.

13. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sorry but the second half of the NEST track features NEW Divide with Brass instruments as the OP was suggesting. It starts off with an electric guitar style with the New Divide them then brings in the French Horns, Trombones, and Baritone horns. It is the Nest theme.

14. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  15. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Well, your question regarding "NEST" has been answered repeatedly...
    But to answer your other question, in the scene where Optimus is gently laid down on the tarmac the first 20-30 seconds of "Prime" plays... but it then segues into an unreleased cue as soon as the soilders start rolling in and surrounding the Autobots. So, most of "Prime" is not utilized in the film. A variation of it plays over Jetfires exposition about the the Fallen and the og Primes, but that's about it.

16. 13 Primes

13 Primes MCU Fan

I've Always wanted the track where Optimus
    and Bumblebee break through the factory to save
    sam and then when Optimus is driving away right
    Before the Forrest battle that choir is awesome :tongue: 

17. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Yes! One of the ones I REALLY want!

18. Ellie

Ellie New Member

There's a track "Conspiracy" that was named so when snippets of the score was first revealed on the website. I have heard it in the movie right in the beginning. Anyone know which track had it been integrated to?

19. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

That is also NEST...

I would really love a full score for both RotF and DotM as there are reprises of Arrival to Earth in both that are not featured on the standard listing. In RotF when Prime is parachuting out of the cargo plane and in DotM when the Autobots turn up in Chigaco just before the final battle.

20. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the arrival to earth theme that was re-used in DOTM was on the score as the track "There is no plan" is that the one you were referring to?