ROTF Scattorshot

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by unicronsupreme, Feb 13, 2010.

1. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    *Just got him tonight, haven't got pictures yet, but will soon*

I think this guy has got to be one of my favorite scouts. He has a lot of personality. The head sculpt is really awesome, he looks like a pissed off grandpa to me. His guns are also pretty nice, but they are permanently attached to his arms so he can't hold other weaponry. I thought that Ironhide's extra weapons were supposed to be for scouts but I can't think of any of the scouts that could possibly use them.

He has articulation in just about any place that you'd want it. He has double jointed elbows with a ball joint and a hinge. His head is on a ball joint but it can be hard to move because of how crowded that area is. He has a wait joint (FINALLY!) and ball jointed knees. In vehicle mode his cannons can turn 360 degrees and pivot up nearly 90 degrees, which is more than most car form scouts can do.

What makes this figure over the top IMO is that he really fits in well with the TONS O' FIREPOWER thing that the NEST Autobots have going. He'd fit in really well with Brawn, Armorhide, Recon Ironhide, and Ratchet.

2. unicronsupreme

News Credits:
    It's super late here, so I'll be uploading pics tomorrow. Night y'all.

3. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    How are the guns attached to the arms? I'm thinking it's simply a rotation joint that could be easily removed. Are the forearms held together by screws? I like this guy, but the integrated weapons are a huge red flag for me.

::EDIT::
    I picked one up today so I can answer my own question: The guns couldn't be any easier to remove. They're just a simple peg-in-hole affair and you can pop them on and off as easily as putting a gun in a regular TF's hand.

This is a pretty sweet little TF. Lot's of articulation, fun transformation that's a tad more involved than a regular deluxe but not complicated at all. Alt mode holds together quite well. The lack of chicken legs in bot mode is commendable and I applaud Hasbro for being brave enough to avoid them in a line who's entirety seems to be defined by chicken legs. >_<

4. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

:useless 

5. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Here's a head shot and a shot of what he looks like without the guns and plow.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

cant say thats its doing anything for me with the huge kibbley "feet" and arms..

7. unicronsupreme

News Credits:
    Ask and ye shall recieve!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] There's actually a lot of detail on the plow that got washed out by the flash.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    For some reason mine doesn't want to hold together in truck mode at all. Anyone else have this problem?

9. unicronsupreme

News Credits:
    Mine doesn't but you have to be really careful lining up all the notches on the door panels with the bed. If you've done that and got the arms pegged in correctly then the pegs in the cab section should hold everything together pretty well.

10. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I love Scattorshot! He is such an amazing piece of engineering, and there is one big complaint I have.

HE IS SO OUT OF SCALE! Had he been a Voyager, I'd loved him even more. He is highly detailed and I can even see him being a straight-up repaint for a scout based Motormaster.

11. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Looks cool, very reminiscent of Cybertron Scattorshot; which I heart very much.

12. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    I really enjoy this guy, he and Skystalker are my two favorites out of the new mold scouts.

He has great posability, I really like how the guns are used in both modes, and the truck looks very hardcore. But like stated earlier, mine does have trouble staying together in truck mode. It doesn't kill the fig for me, but it should be noted.

I do agree that he should be made into a larger class size, even a deluxe would be cool, but a voyager would be best!

13. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is probably my favorite ROTF Scout so far. Absolutely brilliant little figure.

14. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    Jeez, I took him to work today, and I can't stop fiddling with him. He's got so much character in such a small toy!

15. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Wow I am..really, really fucking let down with this guy. Don't really care for his design in bot mode all that much now that I have him out of package, transformation is ok, vehicle mode is good (though doesn't really feel that great), just....I dunno, a bit of a letdown after how awesome Skystalker was.

Edit: After messing with him a bit more, liking him a little better but still not up to snuff with most of the scouts of the line.

16. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I used to hate the figure, but then I found a darker variant one, and I thought, f*ck it, I'll give 'em a try. I actually like the little bugger, he's pretty cool and he mixes well with Brawn in both being pistol-crazy.

17. Demonicon

Demonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really hate his faux chest!

18. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    Does anyone have any out of package pics of the dark gray variant? I'm curious to see what it looks like, because I still haven't found any version of this little guy, and, from the first pic we got, I'm not sure I like the dark color if that's all that's out there now.

19. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    VERY awesome toy! My favorite scout so far!

20. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

he looks like ass to me...add on guns suck...should have been attached on a hinge...