Minor/Repaint: ROTF: Runamuck and Runabout! (The ice Cream truck from Hell!!!!)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by dyingwill3rd, Sep 20, 2009.

1. dyingwill3rd

dyingwill3rd Life is a fabled mystery

Sup guys, long time, no see! After looking back at my Ice cream twins, I didn't like their outcome. So i got a new one and decided to turn the old ones into something i planned since i first saw the twins: Runamuck and Runabout!!

As you can see, Skids is Runabout, and Mudflap is Runamuck. I planned for them to be this way when i first saw the twins. Here is their form as the Ice Cream truck from hell. As soon as i get a second set of twins, Runabout will have Skids's body with the big arms, while Runamuck will be Mudflap with the small arms.

They have black replacing pink, and Orange on the windows to resemble flames.

Bio:
    After the Tainted revived Skids and Mudflap, he was surprised to see that some of their residue remained. Using his powers, the Tainted created the Evil twins of the Twins. Runabout, the older of the two, can transfer all the energon he has into his right arm. Runamuck, the younger, can fly. These twins have caused trouble to the Twins, and now, they have decided to destroy Skids and Mudflap to get them out of the way!

Don't forget to C&C!!

2. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    Fantastic!

3. Bumblebee92

Bumblebee92 Wheeljack Fan

food idea could be a good rival to the autobot twins

4. MATTICUS PRIME

MATTICUS PRIME chicks love me!

I like it! I just got an idea for my own twins....if I could ever find a second set of twins!

How about a side view of the alt!

5. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good idea, and it looks great, the only thing is I just don't really see the Battlechargers being an Ice-Cream truck is all.

6. dyingwill3rd

Thanks for the comments so far guys! I'm still working on their side. gonna give them a different set of decals than Skids and Mudflap. I wanna give them hillbilly personalities, so one will say "Autobots, lick my stick!" lol

7. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    Now that is really thinking outside the box!:) 
    Great job!:thumb  Why not give them different heads so they dont look
    tooo much like Skids n Mudflap

8. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    you should put a skull decal or two on them.XD

9. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    Very creative re-imagining of this mold into Runamuck and Runabout. :thumb 

I feel, though, that your painting has taken a step back (in the wrong direction). A lot of your recent customs have been generally improving in terms of the smoothness and overall coverage of the paintjob. This piece is pretty disappointing to be honest.

Have you ever tried using sprays instead of brushes? I would suggest using some spraycans (if you don't have an airbrush) for the primer and basecoat - you might get better coverage (I can still see a lot of pink spots on Skids as it is) and a more even coat. Also, what paints are you brushing on at present?

10. dyingwill3rd

Since i wanted them to be clones of Skids and Mudflap, I thought i should make them have Skids and Mudflap's old alternate mode first

I want them to be evil clones of the Twins, so sorry, but the heads will remain the same on these versions. Their Beat and Trax modes will have visors though :thumb 

Thanks! I'll make some!

Mampy, glad you like the idea of them. I wanted these two to look dirtier than my new twins, so that is why they look this way. I'm still touching these guys up, so these pics are basically a preview

11. lilbrooksy964

lilbrooksy964 Active Member

awesome/great idea but kinda sloppy paint job

12. xPascalganx

xPascalganx Well-Known Member

i really like the was this one turned out definitly very creative and nicely done !
    a few more details would have been nice but they are still very cool !
    the only thing is that the paint looks a little bit weired for me like it is on them but could fall of by touching them once o0