Rotf RPMs Ratchet

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by SoundMaster, Aug 28, 2009.

1. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    Being a huge Hot Wheels fan when I was younger, I was pretty excited for the RPMs. However, are they worth the money?

Ratchet's vehicle (mode) is VERY nice. There are great paint apps all over, and great attention to detail. The back is detailed, something all of the other Ratchet figures don't have (methinks), and it rolls nicely due to it being light-weight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comparison with Legends Ratchet:

[​IMG]

"Transforming" him to "robot" mode is pretty simple. Just stand the vehicle on the back, and Ratchet is on the bottom.

Ratchet has TONS of detail, and paint apps, considering the size of it. There is an Autobot symbol on the top, and Ratchet's name is printed on the bottom. It really is a great representation of Ratchet.

[​IMG]

Something that I've heard is a problem with the RPMs is getting them to stand. This isn't a problem with Ratchet. The larger base gives him an advantage over the others, lessening the chance of falling over.

[​IMG]

Comparison to Legends Ratchet in robot mode:

[​IMG]

The only drawback I can find is the price. A Hot Wheels car costs about $1, and has diecast. However, an RPM costs about $4, and has no diecast. I think a $2-$3 price tag would have been much better.

Overall, if you are looking into buying some of the RPMs, I would recommend getting Ratchet. A neat little toy, with great detail.

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Was looking at these when I stocked the shelves the other day, actually kinda surprised by them..if they had some diecast or cost a bit less I'd prolly pick a couple up.

3. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

I just don't get RPMs. But if they're your thing I respect that. Kind of weird how they are smaller than Legends. I've never actually seen RPMs in person (the one type of ROTF merchandise my Wal-Mart doesn't carry)

4. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I actually got the whole wave for the same reason the OP states in his post: I was a huge Hot Wheels collector. I love both toylines so it appeals to me. Can't wait to get the Showdown set, though I don't have any space to display it :(