Digibash: RotF Repaint Plans

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ravenxl7, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hi all. Figured I might as well post the digibashes I recently did of two kitbashes I'm planning on doing. The first one is a Movie version of Cliffjumper using the remolded Deluxe BB figure we'll be getting in the preview wave. Though I may do something different with the stripes. The second one is a Movie version of my fan character, Raven-XL7. This is one I want to do, but with a larger mold. I'm confident that we'll be getting either a Deluxe or Voyager class version of Springer (a new mold, and not a repaint/retool of Incinerator), so I plan on using that for him. For the mean time I've made a digibash using the Legends class Springer. For those who know about my current WIP's, I haven't been able to do too much lately, though I plan on working some more on them in the near future. Raven and Megs are coming along nicely. I may not end up doing Blitzwing, as I'm not sure if I'll be able to do the mods I want to do or not. I also have a mold I'm thinking about using for Database (another character I've come up with) instead of a Nightstick, as it looks as though I won't be getting a hold of another one of him. I have plans to add some purple details to my current Starscream to turn him into a Movie version of Blitzwing. I've even come up with a weird, Cybertronian tank-mode for him too. Might do an alt-mode digibash for Cliffjumper in the next couple days or so, will have to wait and see. Well, that's all for now, thanks for looking, and for any comments.

Attached Files:

2. DISGUISE BOT

DISGUISE BOT ultracon six canger

cool

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:

4. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why not Soundblaster from Soundwave?

5. Spyro

Spyro Banned

I agree.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ummm......because I don't want to? Not really sure how to answer that without sounding like a jerk. I might digibash that at some point, but it really isn't something I see myself actually kitbashing. These two are one's that I'm actually planning on doing.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Here's another one I'm thinking about doing, though I'll probably end up using the Deluxe/Voyager Long Haul that we'll eventually be getting (depends on what it looks like compared to the FAB version). Not supposed to be a homage to any past characters, though looking at him he'd make a decent Landfill homage. He's another custom character I'm coming up with, and he'll be in my fan-fic at some point. Still working on a name for him, and a bit of a background story.

Edit: I've also uploaded a better version of Cliffjumper's bot-mode. The first one's red turned out a bit dull. This one looks much better.

Attached Files:

8. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Nice digis. Not sure I'd go and do a CJ before I knew Hasbro didn't already have one planned. I hadn't really thought of the idea that they might make a new mold for Springer in the deluxe or voyager size but I would guess they'd just retool Incinerator to save money. What makes you so confident? Are the bot modes a lot different or something?

Edit: I could see them using the same mold with a bit of a retool since they seem to TF the same, not that you can tell a whole lot about how they'll TF in the movie from a Legends figure

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Eh, good point. I'll still probably do it anyways, though if they do announce a Cliffjumper before I start one of my own, I'll wait for that. Though I already have a good idea for the stripes, and a slight transformation difference, in mind for him.

I honestly think the bot-modes are different enough to warrant a completely new mold. Their chests are essentially made up of the front end of the plain, but in different ways. Springer also has his legs made up of the entire back end of the alt-mode, and doesn't have much, if anything, hanging off of his back. I'm probably putting a decent amount of wishfull thinking into that, but, oh well. That and he's supposedly gong to actually be in the movie. Most likely with a more realistic deco though. If he was going to be a repaint/retool of Incinerator, I honestly think they would have made the Legends and Robot Heroes versions of him have the same bot-mode details as the Incinerator mold. We'll just have to wait and see. Who knows, if they do go the repaint/retool route with him, they may be able to make it look good enough for me to want to use that.