ROTF Release date moved up to June 24th

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Number1sikko, Feb 12, 2009.

1. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Does that mean Australia will be having the movie on the 23rd of June?

2. Lady Owl

Lady Owl Decepticon Art Slave

Seriously.

I use to be a fan of the movies until the 3rd one ruined it for me. 4th was ok but when Transformers came out I didn't even give a crap about the 5th one.

We even went to see it and instead of paying attention to the movie, I was jealous of the other people going to see Transformers and hearing TF's loud explosions through the walls... even though I think I had seen TF twice by that point.

But RotF being pushed to the 24th doesn't really matter to me. Sure it is two days earlier but that will only matter when it is within that month and last week of waiting. At this point I have to wait so long as it already is, two days doesn't make any difference.

3. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    Agreed. I'm still waiting for this "big push" though. There has been next to no advertising. I work at a video store and most people I mention the sequel to weren't aware there was a sequel.

4. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Which means the first showing will be 8 PM Tuesday. WOOHOO!

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Cool... so what, they're releasing it a couple days before the alleged release date of June 26th, but still...

Ugh, June can't get here fast enough! I'm dying to see ROTF already!

6. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

Gods...Harry Potter better not come close. I didn't realize they were coming out so closely to each other. Freakin' WB should have left it a Winter release like he had been for the past five movies.

7. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    YAaaaaaayyyy!!!!!! That rocks!!!!!!!

8. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Not having negative vibes, just being serious. The Harry Potter films are far better than the first Transformers movie. I'm by no means a Potter fanatic, but the Potter fan base blows away the TF fanbase. I don't see 30 year old single business women playing with Transformers, but I have seen them reading Harry Potter books.

Actually, some of the kids ARE teens. What's wrong with thinking masturbation jokes and peeing robots have no place in a movie aimed at a wide audience? It's tactless and shows just what a slob Michael Bay is. Fact is, they targeted the movie to kids (can't say they didn't, because the week TF came out, every kids show on every station had TF promos).

Ok, man, lay off the pot. It's frying your brain.

No, but it's a family film series, which there are too few of these days.

3rd one ruined it? 3rd one is the best one of them all so far! The 5th film was the weakest IMO. The 6th film should be good. I saw the 5th film in theaters, and thought "meh" but had little interest in seeing TF in theaters after a friend of mine lent me a cam he made at a press screening the week before. I finally bought it on DVD, and later Blu Ray ($10 special at Best Buy), but honestly the movie failed on many levels. I actually enjoyed X-Men 3 more.

I'm hoping for better on Transformers 2, based solely on the Devastator pic and the new Megatron pic, but if the movie follows the previous movie's formula, I don't see the franchise lasting as long as other movie series have.

Think about Jurassic Park... it's only a matter of time before the novelty of the CGI wears off and people just say, "who cares?"

Story and acting matter a lot. Look where it got Dark Knight.

9. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:

YESSSSS!!!!! :bay  :ev:  Next stop: TOTAL WRLD DOMINATION!!!!111 :rock  :lol 

10. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    Awesome news! The sooner the better.

11. MasterPrime

MasterPrime Assemble and Roll Out

News Credits:
    Alright! 131 days left then! Is it just me or is the time for this movie to come out going by a lot faster than the first movie?

12. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    I'll agree that a lot of the first movie's content was inappropriate given some of the targeted demographics, but I think that attacking Bay for it is somewhat unfair. He made an archetypal PG-13 film aimed at a late teen/young adult audience, same as he always does; that it was marketed to much younger kids as well when it might not have been appropriate to do so is the fault of the advertisers. It's funny that you should mention The Dark Knight, because I felt that film was an even more graphic example of this "have-your-cake-and-eat-it" advertising attitude; they want to push for artistic legitimacy with a dark, uncompromising and cerebral take on the material, yet at the same time they still want to market to Batman-loving kiddies, so you get this ridiculous situation of a dour, violent and disturbing Chris Nolan crime movie backed up with colouring books and party plates. It's daft, it's probably not really right, but hey: that's Hollywood.

As for the Potter vs. Transformers mudslinging: TF is a powerful new franchise, yes, but Potter remains a juggernaught that continues to thrive both critically and commercially. My prediction is that it'll go down pretty much the same as it did in 2007: Transformers will edge out Potter in the US, but Harry will triumph easily in worldwide sales. As for me, as a TF and a HP fan, I'm just glad to have two awesome films to look forward to back-to-back...:) 

13. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    What?! Come on Paramount! I thought we agreed June 26th is the best date evah! Why did you do this to me?! It's ruined forever!

Now there's not Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen premiere on my birthday! :( 

Meh. I guess the premiere in Venezuela can still be on the 26th. :p 

I remember several posts stating the same in 2007, and after both movies came and went, it was the other way around.

I'm not saying TF:ROTF will kill Potter 6, because in the end anything can happen; but I wouldn't be so sure about Potter killing TF:ROTF when Potter 5 couldn't, and remember that Potter 5 had more going for it against TF back in 2007 (established movie franchise vs. a new comer, and all that)

Maximus_Prime is correct.

And still, TF1 made more than Potter 5. I wouldn't be so sure about one movie ranking higher than the other ticket-wise at this moment.

If a 13 or older kid has problems with masturbation jokes and peeing robots, I think the least of his problems is being offended by a movie.

:lol 

And QFT!

Hmm, I was told Azkaban was the best one, but I was disappointed by it. I actually found Chamber of Secrets and Goblet of Fire to be better movies. I still think all Potter movies are good, except the first one.

I loved X-Men 3! I don't know why it gets such a bad rep. IMO, the Spider-man movies are the ones that are weak.

-airfox

14. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Drifting around

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wow did not see that coming, guess they are getting things done.

15. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    Sweet. 2 less days to wait for ROTF.

16. AutoSlasher101

AutoSlasher101 Strategist

It's probably because the movie news came out like 3 years before its release date. I was 7 when I heard about the first movie. It came out when I was 10

17. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    *Snorts* There's a calender on your computer for a reason.

Anyways, that's good that it's been moved up.

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I've been digging around and I think I may have stumbled on the why and it's not Potter.

See I couldn't figure out why Transformers 2 isn't a 4th of July release because that's considered the really big release date for movies. Harry is not until after the 4th so what the heck is coming out on the weekend of the 4th.

July 1st is a movie we really haven't heard much about called Public Enemies. The reason to worry about Transformers being able to hold the top spot over the 4th is that Public Enemies stars Johnny Depp and Christian Bale who have both been big box office draws over the past few years.

My guess is the idea is to push the Transformers 2 release date up to have an extra two days of box office before Public Enemies hits as the big 4th of July release.

19. VokVisitor

VokVisitor Artist

AWESOME! That is the day after my birthday!
    Rock on!

20. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

The sooner, the better!