ROTF ranks in the top 25 Blockbusters of all time

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by grimlock1972, Aug 21, 2009.

1. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because a list based on opinions is the exact thing to counter someone else's opinion. :thumbs2: 

2. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bad list for sure.

3. myhobby

myhobby Back From Outer Space

... seriously?
    you aren't kidding?
    the poor guy...

4. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Hmm...I should write a list of random stuff. It might be more useful.

1. Apples
    2. one sock
    3. cat
    4. Transformers
    5. oxygen
    6. words
    7. the number 11
    8. a list
    9. another sock
    10. toilet paper
    12. he-man

...ummmm, that's all I could think of.

5. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I hate Bay films and im not a critic. He makes a shitty emotionally detached film where when he has no idea what he is doing with a scene he adds ball jokes and cock innuendo to distract you.
    he cant make a movie flow. Wheelie humping leg is a clever way to go umm what do we do next DOH leg HUMPER !!!! lol i m a gettin dumma alreadyz.

Actually I blame people like him and the Studio for pushing this mind degrading crap on the public so much its the reason for the decline of western civilization. UHMM where is the US in educational rating again?

lol

I wish people were less concerned with being bad ass frat boys and Epic this epic that. You know why it bugs me is one thing you can always replace something bad ass and epic with something more bad ass or EPIC so its not special. It only makes it the latest thing.

However if you make it special and make it interesting you cant just replace it. Which is why the old Prime will always be better than the new Prime. The only reason I like the new Prime is he looks pretty good but I cant watch the movies seeing how he acts, its just wrong.

Sometimes things like a person or place are special and just making them more Bad Ass or EPIC ( friggin hate those terms) just makes it something else and its no longer that special.

After the 86 movie traumatized a good portion of the fan base you d think they would have been a bit more respectful to the last 25 years of revenue

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    There were some pretty terrible movies on that list but calling Star Wars episode 1 the worst? Change the list title to "25 movies with wasted potential" and there might be a hint of accuracy in the list.

7. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

Screw them, transformers ROTF is the greatest movie ever!

8. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

Look, I didn't like ROTF. In fact, at most I consider at a very tepid "okay". But the over-the-top crow bar to the knee caps that the critics have done and continue to do to this film is childish and ridiculous. Enough already!

9. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

You forgot "cupcakes".

10. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

I agree, disagree, am surprised, am amused, and am scared at what I see in this list. If anyone wants me to explain I will.

EDIT: Beverly Hills Chihuahua was a terrible movie but I don't think it made much money. Robots was pretty bad but wasn't horrible but I don't think that made a fortune either. Up was the first Pixar movie I saw the preview and said "blech don't want to see" and I bet you that made a lot. I heard it was quite depressing too. And don't tell me Tinker Bell of Pixie Hollow did bad because I'm pretty sure it didn't and that could be the worst animated movie I have ever seen topping Barbie Fairytopia (my sister ok? She got to pick the movies for movie night just as much as I did).

11. Viking Spawn

Viking Spawn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't care what critics say... I loved the ROTF!

As for that list, some I liked... Some I didn't. I could write my own list like that and it'll be just another opinion. Everyone has one.

12. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Oh! I'll put that at number 11.

13. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:

Or it proves that the consumer is now so tired or apathetic to film as an art form that they no longer care for even a bit of quality in thier products and as such are allowing these films, mostly stellar examples of medicority, to fly as long as a laugh so cheap or shiney stuff appears. So the wheel turns......

But hey, I'd love nothing more than to be proved wrong on this.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I've got a bad feeling you might be right on that one. Sometimes I have to wonder who is more to blame, Hollywood for making bad films or the people who throw good money at bad films just because Hollywood used the name of something popular in the past.

15. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    Haha, I agree completely

16. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nevermind. :lol 

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009