Heavy/Scratch: ROTF Ramjet (WIP)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by OmarJT82, Sep 20, 2009.

1. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We can all agree that that the missile launcher/hands on 2007 Movie Voyagers Starscream and Thundercraker were a crappy mistake on Hasbro’s part and now that mistake has been repeated with ROTF Voyagers Ramjet and Skywarp. Here is my way of correcting it. First, I’ll start with Ramjet.

FIRST:

I removed the metal shaft and the white plastic part that connected the missile launcher/hands to each arm (pic A).

SECOND:

I cut/sanded off the black connector part of each arm from ROTF Voyager class Starscream, drilled a hole in the cut/sanded offed area and hammered the metal shaft with the white plastic connector into the drilled hole (pic B).

THIRD:

I reversed the red inner gear of each arm and screw them both back into place (pic C).

FOURTH:

Fellow Radicon autobotx23 is currently making a new head for my Ramjet. One that is similar to his in “The Reign of Starscream” comic series.

Given the fact that his new arms are brown, like some areas/parts of his body, I see no need to paint them white or in the same color and manner as his old missile launcher/hands.

Attached Files:

2. I AM MEGATRON

I AM MEGATRON pleasure model

I'm liking this.. this point between the ramjet upper arm and ss lower arm looks a bit thin though..maybe you could push the shaft onto the ss arm some more to bulk it up a bit? alt mode looks awesome.

3. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Yes, excellent!!!!!!!!

4. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Very cool. The arms look great on that figure but because of the big biceps they look small. If you could bulk them up just a little. If not, it's still an improvement.

5. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Looks really excellent,
    only sad thing is the donor Starscreams required to fix all the other seekers arms, it's not easy getting them around here.

6. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    This does look cool. The only thing about it that bothers me is the small elbow area leading up to the bicep. Any plans to add a little bulk to that spot?

7. selsonliew

selsonliew Member

erm, y dun just switch the Ramjet head to ROTF starscream, then repaint it?

8. flix

flix Well-Known Member

cool

it looks better although i think you should saw off the lower arms a bit (just above the gun).
    now his his knuckles are almost on the ground. makes him look goofy instead of terrifying

then it would be perfect.

9. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Well I guess I now have a reason to pick up RotF Starscream. This mod probably looks easier then it actually is, but it comes out looking incredible. Though I'll have to repeat what was said about the upperarm connection. The skinny rod needs to be shortened somehow until there's almost no gap between the lower arm and upper. Either that or the rod needs to be bulked up some.

10. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

looks good dude, i was actually doing the same thing, .. didnt kno anyone else had the same idea in mind.. (however it looks like ur a month ahead of me.. lol ) looks awesome tho dude, this really gives me a reference to see how it looks like..:thumbs2: 

11. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

The way the colour on the arms matches is a great little bonus - looks good :) 

12. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    looks good. And I await pics with the new head.