Customs: ROTF Primes rubber tires tutorial?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by wylungz, Sep 11, 2009.

1. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

hey does anyone know if there is a tutorial for changing the rims of 07's prime rim's to the ROTF primes... from wat i can see only F_R and zildjian have done it.. i saw their comments on how to do it.. and reading and visually imagining can get you so far..

2. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nothing yet, but I'd say that making a tutorial wouldn't be bad.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Won't a typical pin removal on each and swapping the wheels do the trick?

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    yes. that's really all there is too it.
    You'll need to refine the plastic pegs/axles a bit to allow the old tires to fit on properly, but it's pretty straight forward - if there's plastic keeping the rim from sitting flush, you trim it.

5. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. wylungz

thanks dudes.. but wat if i dont have a solder? im down to do the hard work but i just felt like any other way i'd break the peg holding the rims

7. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    to remove the wheels off TFTM prime, I used a dremel cutting disc and cut through the axle and pin on the back. While cutting the pin, the pin should also release.

To remove ROTF Prime's wheels - it doesn't really matter what you use if you're going to toss them like I did. I think I literally used pliers and ripped them right off.

8. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In my opinion I would go buy a cheap soldering iron for like $10. When you hean pins enough they will literally pop out of the plastic on their own.

9. wylungz

ahh thanks alot guys.. im working on a dummy ROTF prime to do this.. so far i got one on cleanly but just plying off the ROTF wheels .. but i feel like i do it w/ so much force that imma snap something.. i just found out that theres a radioshack 5 blocks from me that sells soldering irons so imma go get that and test it out

10. wylungz

got my soldering iron! i got a 45 watt one.. there were so many. just figured the most wattage would be good no?

11. wylungz

im happy to announce that the solder worked like a charm, i still also just plied one of the tires off.. the ones at the hips.. just out of fear cuz that part was so flimsy.. also because i successfully did it before on my dummy. lol

now imma do the appropriate adjustments to get the tires on ...

man i should just did like a video tutorial or something while i did that haha.

12. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I thought it was pretty straightforward, but I've not fooled with either mold (which is why my answer was in the form of a question, Alex :) ). Rubber wheel swap tutorial Prime finished :thumb  :lol 

After Lobo wrote that article, I tracked down a soldering iron for $5. That was nearly 4 years ago or so :lol  I recently have been shopping around for something a bit more heavy duty just because I've gotten my $5 mileage and then some already. And I'm a cheapskate :lol 

13. InFluenc3

InFluenc3 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So...tutorial?

14. Superquad7

News Credits:
    What else do you need that's not in this thread or in our Tutorials on pin removal?

15. wylungz

lol,.. very true. i learned everything from creating this thread and was able to do it.. however before doing this i would of wished a had a tutorial.. soooooo.. i dont have a another new ROTF prime to demonstrate on but i do have one more rim untouched from a old one.. i can just show how to take it off.. tom. i'll make a video of it and post it on youtube and give you the link

16. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    so. We're asked how to do something, and we point to a tutorial already made that explains how to do it, and it's not used.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/tutorials-how-tos/214537-how-remove-pins-rivets.html

It's then mentioned, to make a video tutorial to actually "show" how to do something, and I point to an already existing video tutorial. Will this get ignored too?

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radic.../214439-official-radicon-youtube-channel.html (it's embedded right there in the first post)

17. Superquad7

News Credits:
    So, can someone make a tutorial on how to do this?

18. wylungz

LOL well im new to the site so i didnt kno if a video thread/tutorial page existed so i dont mean to offend REDLINE, ... i will still make a video tutorial tom. of wat i can w/ wat i have left for those who want a actual visual of it being done to a ROTF prime.. where i should put it iunno yet.

19. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Just put it in here. If something is tutorial-section worthy, staff will move it and lock it and clean it up in there. :)  Just be sure to ATTACH any files needed, or if a Youtube vid, post the link and it'll auto-embed into the post.

As for the tutorials, I'm thinking you should simply look around, check the navigation bar on the right side of the entire Radicons web, and also the row of links directly above the advertising bar at all tops of pages. :) 

20. wylungz

awesome dude, will do.. i've just got into this site maybe a little more than a week ago so im pretty used/comfortable with it but theres always new things to find out about it lol.