ROTF Prime/Jetfire or DOTM Ultimate Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rodimus Mike, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Hey guys,

Mike here and I got a question that needs answered,this if for those that own both ROTF Prime/Jetfire and DOTM Ultimate Prime,so here goes but which do you like better?.Also have you thought about getting rid of one,if so which?.

The reason I ask is cause I have both,and there nice in there own ways,but as for Ultimate I'm just not as fond of him as ROTF P/JF.So I ask do you think I should keep both or what?.Thanks guys and later.

2. Blot

Blot Terrorcon

News Credits:
    I have and love them both. I like Jetfire as an individual toy and RotF Prime is tough to beat, plus I like their ability to combine. I like Ultimate Prime's trailer and hugeness. If I HAD to choose one to keep, it would be RotF Optimus and Jetfire, but I love having both.

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't have Ultimate Prime, but I'd say no to an offer to trade my Jetfire/Prime for an Ultimate Prime any day of the week.

4. tb-1599

tb-1599 Well-Known Member

I like having my ROTF leader Prime along with my Jetfire, I keep them in the uncombined form. My DOTM Ultimate Prime I keep in Alt mode because it is just all kinds of awsome. But I also have my Jetwing Prime which is also 5 ways of awsome. But if I had to get rid of just one. I think it would have to be my ROTF Leader Prime.

5. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Rotf op/jf > rotf jf > dotm uop

6. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't see these being very comparable actually.

I own Ultimate and half the RotF set (just Prime). They are just so different even though they both combine.

In one you have a nice Voyager class Prime WITH a transforming trailer - very cool. In the other you have the best leader Prime out there along with another leader class toy, and they combine. Separate or combined, they aren't really comparable IMHO.

Edit: I love Leader Prime, but how many ways are there to get a Movie-verse style Prime WITH a trailer?

7. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

8. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    RotF Prime/Jetfire combo is a keeper. UP is kewl and all but it's not my fave. Luckily this is just a hypothetical situation so I can keep both of em.

9. MoonStreakr

MoonStreakr Heroic Decepticon

Ultimate Prime is cooler for one simple reason. Truck mode with trailer.

10. Primewave

Primewave amiinterrupting

News Credits:
    No leader 2 movie Prime so I don't know. Don't have Ultimate yet but he looks cool

11. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I actually like Ultimate Prime better than RotF Jetpower, since it's a lot more fun to tinker with and actually looks good as a display piece (even though posability is sadly minimal.

I admit it's easier for me to say that because I have the Hasbro Leader Prime combined with an extra Jetfire; I also own Buster Pime and normal Jetfire (the standalone versions of each), plus the Amazon Black and Familymart Crystal versions of Prime, so I don't judge Jetpower Prime on the awesomeness of RotF Leader Prime as much "Compared to the other version of this mold that I own, how much does it please me?" The answer is, nowhere near as much as the others since the combined mode is okay but not great. I'd prefer Jetwing or the canceled Unite for the Universe Voyager Jetpower toy over the combined Leader toys.

I don't know, with a gun to my head, if I'd trade one for another in such a scenario, but on their own they each hold a certain value to me. Ultimate Prime is something I won't part with lightly because it's the SDCC version and I had to wait in line forever to get that damn thing and the Matrix of Leadership Prime, and I like it's packaging. I do value Jetpower Prime because I was able to snag two Jetfires on preorder from HTS before he sold out, and I only saw Jetfire in stores once or twice, and well after he was initially released, so I was simply glad I owned one, let alone a second to combine.

12. raindance

raindance Experimental

I've got a regular ROTF Leader Prime and Jetfire, ROTF Buster Prime and DOTM Jetwing Prime. Got DOTM Ultimate Prime. There is no doubt that the ROTF Leader Prime is probably the best Prime of all time. He's an awesome, awesome toy (that's why I have as many of them as I do). Buster Prime is this mold in perfection. Ultimate is great for display. Not really all that cool as a toy. Mostly a brick in power up mode. If it were me, I'd get a ROTF Leader Prime. He really is the best incarnation of Prime that's ever been done. If you can, get a Buster. It's God-Like in every way.
    -rain-

13. ex dtw2003

News Credits:
    Well for <$100 the OP can have both a standalone RotF Prime (blades mold) AND Ultimate OP. Prolly the best of both world unless we get Jetwing Prime released locally IMHO.

Why go this way? Because like someone else said the RotF mold is just epic, as is Prime WITH a trailer.

14. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    as far as combined modes go, the DOTM Ultimate Prime wins hands down

its way more stable and a lot more fun [and it looks a lot better/more cohesive]

i'd like the ROTF Prime/Jetfire if it actually resembled how it looked in the movie >__>

15. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    I wanna add that even tho Ultimate Prime is cool all around,I just think for two reasons to keep one or the other is this,I just don't need two Primes that can fly (well pretend I mean),and the other reason is mainly cause of my budget,it is hard to decide when you have roughly $200 spending money each month,and that pretty much puts a major dent in your wallet.

Besides I really wanna get one of those MP Rodimus from TRU before there gone,and even tho he's almost the same price as Ultimate Prime I think I would like Rodimus way more as he's a masterpiece.So in closing I guess I would rather have MP Rodimus than Ult. Prime.

16. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed guys.

I think the combined mode is WAY underrated. I would like to see a height comparison to ROTF Powered up Prime to Ult Prime from feet to head. NOT including the butterfly wings. I bet its pretty damn close if Powered up may be taller.

BTW..Ive searched and cant find a thread, is there different Fan made configs for powered up prime? Ive come up with a few good ones...did anyone ever make a set to help powered up prime?

I would never....EVER...trade Powered up prime for Ult prime..

17. Overlord II

Overlord II Starscreamicon Leader TFW2005 Supporter

Looking at the gallery of DOTM UOP I am unimpressed with Op's stand alone robot mold...IMHO they screwed it up (the front wheels on the arms?!?!!? Really?!?!?) So if given a choice I would choose ROTF OP and Jet over the DOTM UOP

18. ex dtw2003

News Credits:
    I think the mold is pretty nice actaully. A different take on a Voyager sized movie accurate truck.

Why didn't we get it instead of what we did as a Voyager? Prolly because everyone would have compared it to Battle Blades, which is the better mold (according to what I've read.) Still, I think the mold is nice as a standalone myself (and I have it to play with.)

Again, to the comparison is strained - Ultimate is more Voyager + trailer + pretty cool "flying gun encampment" mode. Combined leaders are just that, combined leaders. Really different products IMHO.

19. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I have ROTF Prime and Jetfire and Ultimate Prime (SDCC Packaging) and I really like both figures. The best version of Prime, hands down, is ROTF and the fact he combines with Jetfire is an added bonus. I plan on keeping both because I like the trailer and I really like combiners which both of these are.