ROTF Preview Bumblebee vs. Human Alliance Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jala12, Jun 22, 2009.

1. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

Hey guys. I feel that i'm in an awkward dilemma right now. I've been wanting to get myself a ROTF stylized and updated Bumblebee but can't decide on which one to get. I've been arguing with my brother about the pros and cons with getting the preview bumblebee.

I like the head sculpt on the new Preview bumblee but since we already have the old deluxe class 2007 Bumblebee my brother argues the differences are minimal and therefore i shouldn't get it.

Meanwhile i stumbled upon the Human Alliance Bumblebee recently and it looks great judging from the vids and the pictures that are posted on the web.

In the end i list the following pros and cons for each Bumblebee that leaves me confused.

ROTF Preview Bumblebee

Pros:

-New head sculpt
    -updated alternate car mode to match the new 2010 Camaro
    -new arm canon
    -to scale with the rest of the autobots (for the most part)
    -relatively cheap.

Cons:

-Too similar to 2007 Deluxe class BB
    -Arm Canon is fixed and has no right hand
    -Limited poseability

Human Alliance Bumblebee

Pros:

-increased poseability
    -comes with Sam Witwicky figure
    -Transluscent eyes
    -Comes with more accessories like arm canon and shoulder canons
    Face shield too....

Cons:

-Not to scale with leader Class Optimus Prime and other Autobots
    -Proportions on body are not as accurate as Deluxe Class BB?
    -More expensive because of all the accessories and larger size of figure

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So my question is, if i had to choose one of these bumblebees which one should i get? Money shouldn't be a problem, its just a matter of deciding which Bumblebee is more movie accurate and fits with the rest of my movie collection.

Your feedback and own opinions are welcome! :) 

2. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

That's a tough call but I'd go with HA BB. It looks to be really nicely detailed and though it may not scale well to the other ROTF figures, '07 BB is similar enough that you can use him instead.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    If scale and cost are an issue, go with Preview.

If quality of the sculpt, play value and display options are the issue, go HA. It's by far the better figure.

I've already got Preview and am lookign for HA. Preview is nice, and I recommend him, but not over the HA one.

4. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    If cost wasn't an issue, I would go with HA. It has pros you listed with the preview figure: the new head sculpt (with battle mask), updated alternate mode design, and arm cannon.

5. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what about cannon bb???..........I swear I'm the only person that likes this guy

6. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Most likely. Can't stand his chest personally.

7. Dally

Dally Decepticon

Ebay:
    Definitely HA Bumblebee. I have them both and HA BB is just a lot cooler. Besides if you already have the Deluxe BB the differences with the new one aren't enough to edge a purchase over HA BB.

8. Spyro

Spyro Banned

No you're not. I plan to buy him as soon as I see him on the shelves.

9. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

I don't see sufficient differences in the preview BB to buy another of that mould yet - I'm waiting until Cannon BB shows up.

HABB, on the other hand... the toy is great. It's actually my favourite of the ones I've got, so far - the size and poseability are well worth the price. As far as I'm concerned, the only slight snag with it is that it may have set an unreachable bar for the rest of the HA line :) 

10. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My opinion.... Get em both.. If money isn't an issue then buy both. Preveiw is a nice update for the main line bb. But ha bb is wwaaaayyy to sweet to pass up.

11. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    HI, i really like your thought process...i too were in the same boat...kinda...but though i love alt/bt's, HA Bee was a def must......but i was on the fence for preview.........heres what i did.
    i purchased HA Bee from hasbro toyshop......110% glad i did....like you said, hes not in scale really with leader class, BUT he is in scale with the alts/bt's. and he has that extra flare about him...his posabilty is awsome and before i got him i hadnt noticed the little flip up gun for sam to use on bees back.......
    i passed on preview since hes bout the same as HA Bee with one cannnon arm and one regular...im glad i did....heres why..........................................on a whim i purchased cannon bee...........hes got the slightly different enough hood in bot mode and hes got a great head with googly eyes and ..hes got real hands...2 of them and he looks good with other deluxes without looking identical to the first movie bee.................hope this helps......i can post pics for ya of the bees i got. if you want some comparison of old bee, cannon and HA Bee ....take care
    e~

12. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    cannon bee was an impulse buy for me....i really enjoy him and those pug eyes...i keep switching b/w playing with him and HA BEE

13. Autobotic9

Autobotic9 Well-Known Member

I do, I skipped Preview for this guy. Preview was falling apart. Cannon BB is pretty much a brand new sculpt, with an interior FTW!

But go with HA BB. More play value.

14. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Dunno where you heard about preview BB having limited posability. I can get him into really good poses.

15. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    I think HA Bumblebee scales quite nicely with Leader Prime, to he honest. I've got them side-by-side on top of one of my display cases, and they look great together.

Aside from scale and accuracy, I think HA 'Bee is one of the best toys Hasbro has produced in quite a while. Sure he's a little pricey and his leg transformation isn't screen accurate, but it's a beautiful figure, and the headsculpt is perfect.

My only complaint is that the seats don't collapse on the back of his arms. If I had any modding skills, I'm sure I could fix this, but instead I just pose the arms to hide the kibble.

I cannot wait for the rest of the HA figures.

16. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

get some sharpie and draw in the front bumper to get 08 bb to stand in then get ha instead of preview

17. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Aside from the scale factor, preview Bumblebee is a complete piece. Why? Fixed cannon, loose as hell joints, cheap feeling, uncolored sections, and not to mention, (And I don't know HOW Hasbro managed to fuck this up unintentionally.) you have to cut the missile to get it to lock into the cannon properly.

Go HA. It is BY FAR a superior figure.

18. Big_Truk_Convoy

Big_Truk_Convoy Transforming is the gimik

Ive got them both and I have to say HA BB wins for me. I also have Cannon BB and plan to return him asap. His chest doesn't really firmly snap into place so it flops a lot, the car font chest piece doesnt break into pieces like the preview bb and his arms are way way too short.

worst bb: Cbb
    cost efficient bb: preview bb
    best bb: HA bb

don't waste your time with Ultimate BB, imo he is worse than Cannon BB.

19. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Human Alliance BB is the best movie BB toy made to date, the end.

20. Young Optimus14

Young Optimus14 MTMTE Theorist

I'm getting him too. Weapons in an alt. mode that shouldn't b r cool. Just look at James Bonds cars.