ROTF: Premium Series

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tell_Story, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

So who here believes there will be a premium series for the next movie. The toys look pretty great so far, but I think it is very possible. Starscream for instance. He looks great and I want him, but he has a plastic tan color under those tatoos.

I didn't buy figures from the first wave until November 2007. I bought concept BB and Barricade. A week later news was released about the premium series. I think I'll wait to see any sign of premium series before I buy. There is one huge problem. Sideswipe looks like a premium already. I know most us you won't be able to wait, but I was wondering if any of you can or will?

2. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    It's possible. The Premiums from the first line were made I believe to fill demand for more movie product. Don't know if that'll happen this time around, but some toys, like Starscream as you mentioned, and Leader Prime could use it.

I would love a Premium for both those toys, but I'm not going to worry about it. I won't be able to stand a year without buying them.

3. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The premium line was a filler because retailers didn't want to stop carrying the movie line. There will be no reason for that this year

4. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Its probably inevitable that they will, but I like painting my figures to my standards and make em premiums my way. That way I don't need to wait for hasbros premiums, however they work well for those who miss the first edition figure.

5. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    doubtful. the new rotf already have metallic painting apps

6. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I vote no premium line. It was a slap in the face for those that bought them earlier.

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably not, as somebody said, Premium was basically a filler, and this time Hasbro already got the whole line figured out, no need for place-holders, hell, they have 24 deluxes, 11 voyagers, 3 leaders and a buttload of scouts already due to this year!

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Agreed. if they can't get it right the first time, I'll be damned if I'm buying them again as they should have been originally later on.

9. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    ..they damn well better not...and none of this allspark crap eathier!

10. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    I hope we don't get a premium line.
    There probably be enough re-colors as it is.
    Instead of a premium line,
    i'd rather hasbro put resources into a few extra waves of animated.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Doubtfull, imo. One of the reasons they did it for the first movie, is because they didn't have as much funding for the figures the first time around to give them all the paint apps they wanted to. This time around it looks as though they do. Sideswipe and Sideways are even silver this time around, instead of just gray. I could see a couple of the figures getting a premium treatment, or something similar. I just can't see the first one's being bad enough to warrant a premium edition. Maybe Prime, but I like how he looks as-is anyways.

12. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this

13. decor1

decor1 Hey, take it easy!

werd

14. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree as well. However, I'll still wait for probably every new movie character figure except the Devastator box set, just in case Hasbro brings out Premium versions anyways.

15. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i was thankful for the premium series, coz i started collecting late, only a few months AFTER the 2007 movie.. so the improved paint apps, and the availability of the movie figures nearly a year after their releas was really helpful to my collection foundation :D 
    but yeah, like everyone says, this time its kinda doubtful, and i hope they dont coz i dont wanna see a better version of a figure i already own, and have to get that too :lol 

16. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    While I hate the idea of releasing a "better" version of a figure after everyone has bought the original, I wouldn't be surprised if they at least re-released the most popular characters with better paint apps.

Me, I'm gonna take my chances and wait for a chromed leader Optimus. I can't stand the dull grey plastic on such a big truck.
    If they end up not doing a premium version that'll just save me $75, so it's a win-win situation.

As of right now the only figures I plan on buying are Human Alliance Bumblebee and those ├╝berdetailed keychains.

17. Spyro

Spyro Banned

I don't really care if they do. If there is a RotF Premium series, I'll get a few figures like I did last time, but I really don't care if they make one. If theym make one, that's great, if they don't, whatever.

18. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'll be very surprised if they don't have Premium figures again.

19. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And it would have taken a LOT more than a 'premium' paintjob to make Leader Megatron a remotely attractive purchase.

20. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

This. For better or worse, I'm not buying any ROTF toys until the holidays.

For that matter, I'm not buying a Devastator toy until Hasbro comes out with the one that transforms AND combines.