ROTF/pre-release figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by the (H)i(GH)con, Jan 24, 2009.

1. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

First of all, please excuse my ignorance/lack of knowledge on yet another subject...

I've been noticing that more and more people are getting their hands on the new movie toys and other TF's long before they're released in stores or on web..... How? I'd really like to jump on this bandwagon! Do you have to sell your soul (like for combiner info, lol), know someone at Hasbro (they wouldn't like me; I'd bitch too much about the bad toys), Kill someone(I hope not, I try not to do that anymore since my last incident *shhhhh... I'm trusting you guys not to say anything*, lol), or do you have to be a member of the collectors club?Can anyone shed some light on this subject? Thanks in advance.

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This thread really needs to be in Toyark. :wink: 

3. AMG

AMG Old School

If you're looking to buy them go with eBay. But be prepared to spend a good amount.

4. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Its all about who you know and how much cash you can burn.

5. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    start with ebay. If you gain a repoir with a seller there, then you can usually skip that step and just buy straight from the seller.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yep, "pay to play" seems the be the operative phrase here. :lol 

Anyways, if you're able to venture into this, I wish you the best, man! :thumb 

7. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

eBay is the gateway, but making personal connections with those sellers is what gets you the higher-ticket stuff.

For starting out, I would recommend heerotoysmaker for sure, although you've missed the boat on cheap, minimal-effort stuff like Dead End for $6.99, and he auctions his Soundwaves now. He also makes his own WST figures and customs, if that's your thing.

There is one seller to definitely avoid, menasor1979 and other aliases, but otherwise you should do alright.

8. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There are several of us involved in this ore release madness such as myself, I won't mention others as I don't want them to be bugged with pms unless they post here, but the majority of us have the same connections. One I will mention on here since he has many news credits and a sales thread, genzhao has been on the up and up lately and usually has them priced less than eBay and is a terrific guy!

9. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    yep,

just got a ramjet,audi and wreckage off him this week for great prices:thumb 

10. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    can some one post a link for a heerotoysmaker auction?