Digibash: RotF Powerglide

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ravenxl7, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey all. Decided to do a simple digibash of this idea, though I ended up doing two different versions of it. The first one there has a G1 inspired color scheme, while the second one has a Universe inspired color scheme. I might do a third in a Bad Boy inspired color theme. Credit goes to AlanGarou for the idea (you can see his post here). This is something I might do, it's hard to say, which reminds me, I've got some work on a current WIP I should get back to doing, lol. Thanks for looking, and for any and all comments.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Sorry, but ewwww. That color scheme does NOT make that mold look good. I think it actually looks worse. Dont see the resemblance either.

3. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

I have to agree the color scheme doesn't work with that mold for me. however it doesn't have to realy look like powerglide. I mean do any of the others realy have that strong of a resemblance to there g1 counterparts

4. primus626

primus626 Banned

News Credits:
    How to digibash

Plz, Send me a link to a digibash program.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
  6. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Actually, I think the colourschemes are pretty good....you just need to desaturate it a bit and add some textures, to make it more realistic.

I made a Breakaway digibash a while ago with roughed up metal textures for realism

I also tweaked the wings, feet a bit and I elevated the head so he's a little less hunchback-ish.

7. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I bet you the the US will get the second version if Hasbro did that.

8. Tomasemily

Tomasemily Well-Known Member

Dude, I like your stuff, but this just doen't do it for me. The mold is just not very 'Powerglide-ey'.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks, though honestly, realisticness isn't something I've ever really cared about when digibashing. It's also not something I've been able to do, so far, with paint.net (if I had photoshop, it'd be quite easy). Though I still haven't gone threw many of it's features as of yet, and there's bound to be a good amount of tuturials that will be able to help. I may look into doing some more realistic digibashes down the road, but for now, I'm happy with how mine have come out so far. I was doing these more out of boredome than anything else. Oh, and posting a link to your work would have been, imo, more polite. As-is you're coming off as a huge show off.

Eh, it's hard to say. I think that if we were to ever get a Movie Powerglide, he'd be even farther from his G1 color scheme. Then they could give us a G1 themed repaint of him.

Thanks. To each their own I guess, though I agree, it's not the best Powerglide homage, but I personally think it works for his type of character. Breakaway just looks like he would have fit in with the other G1 minibots, imo.

10. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    All suggestions in this thread are 1000x better than what we're getting.

11. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    I think this color scheme would make me think twice about getting the figure cuz as of right now I have no plans to buy this monstrosity

12. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Well, sorry if I hurt any of your feelings by posting the pic. It's removed now.

Either way, if you weren't aiming for realism, it shouldn't really feel like a threat to your thread, would it now ?

Since the thread title does read "Rotf Powerglide", it seemingly implies to be a digibash in line with at least the movieverse realism. And now you say you didn't even consider that....

Anyway, you might wanna look into some proper cell shading or any vector based colouring, if you're aiming for the G1 cartoon look. Goodluck.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Edit: Nvm...this thread isn't going to go anywhere good anytime soon. It doesn't help I've been under a lot of stress lately. I'll ask a mod to close it.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.