Heavy/Scratch: ROTF Powered-up Leader Optimus

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Spoiler, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    So, one day I decided with the ROTF Leaders on sale...I'd go and make what I would consider a better looking combines Optimus/Jetfire. I started by paintinging Optimus' ugly grey sections to more of a chromed silver look.

Soon after I began working out the combination of Jetfire. I removed the lower legs from the body, along with the two torso sections, so all that remained was the SR-71 body parts. I then removed the two flaps of Optimus that had his fuel tanks on him so I could mount the Jetfire backpack, and glue it in place. For a few extra little pieces I purchased an SR-71 model kit and glued them in appropriate places, adding the little wings to the legs(like in the concept art) a couple scrap pieces to the insides of legs as well as the feet, and a random piece here and there. I took Jetfires cockpit sections and glued those to Optimus' "control arm shoulders"

Next, came the gun. I removed the pins on the folding flaps and added a little tube assembly to the botton to glue pieces to. I however didn't get around to making the ammo chain to the backpack.

And finally, began the weathering. I dry brushed on some silver and copper to give Jetfire's parts the rusted look. For Optimus, pretty much dry brushed some silver damage here and there, along with some black weathering.

And so...the pics!

Attached Files:

2. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

Looks killer, Spoiler.

3. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, that looks amazing

4. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Looks wicked, brah.:thumb 

5. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Thanks, I intend to go and paint my first Jetfire in a similar matter to his parts in this custom. Because...Jetfire was all rusty!. Will probably repaint this grey parts on my first Prime as well to that chrome silver I used on this.

6. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    Forget what I said about the last favorite of mine. I WANT THIS FIGURE! lol It looks extremely professional-looking, as if you can buy it at the store like this. I'm not a huge Optimus Prime fan...but this figure is sweet!

7. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    nice job