Heavy/Scratch: ROTF Power Up Jet Prime w Lights & Sounds

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by zartanman, Jul 3, 2010.

1. zartanman

zartanman Zartanimus Supereme

Ebay:
    OK So I've been working on this puppy here for about Two Months. Originally I had planned to be bringing him to Botcon but due to circumstances that were beyond my control all my Botcon plans fell through and he was not displayed there.

For some reason though the pictures do not really do him justice he is much more impressive in person. I guess I need a better camera or need to keep taking pics/vids till I get them right.

Jet Prime was made using two ROTF Leader Primes, a Kiddie Version Powerup Prime with Lights & Sounds, and TF The Movie Leader Prime for the hands, a ROTF Leader Jetfire and Parts from Voyager Star Scream, a Techno Spawn, a GI Joe Sigma Six Duke, and a few other various odds and ends.

I used a lot of Epoxy Sculpt to bond pieces here and there. He is permeenantly mounted on his base, he is not transformable of course but I was going for an accurate as possible to the Movie Jet Prime.

The Base is custom made. I ran all the wiring through the pole that Prime is mounted to. All the other electronics are in the base and the batteries are accessible at the bottom so they can be changed.

His eyes light up whenever he talks, the gun lights up when it fires and though you can't really see them the Jet Engines light up whenever they fire as well.

There are two buttons to make the lights and sounds work. One you just press repeatedly to get various sounds and phrases, the other one you have to hold down for the Jet sounds.

He is still fully poseable. His head arms and legs are all poseable.

I sculpted all of the Transformer Script/Symbols around the base.

I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions from you guys as to weather you think he needs any improvements or hes good as is.

The pictures look really flat but he does still have a lot of glossy parts and paints on him. Though I was going for the battle damaged look over all.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Video Of the Lights & Sounds
    SANY3762 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Powerup Jet Prime w Lights & Sounds

Attached Files:

2. Bern

Bern Pathetic fools!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Haha awesome, I have all the electronic guts from the MegaPower Bots Prime ready for this too! I love that it has Cullen's voice, I knew instantly I wanted to do something like this. :D 

3. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice idea man, and good execution. Good job.

4. hoshi_1123

hoshi_1123 Drone killer

Ebay:
    Very nice work! i specially like the main gun design! very intimidating! if i may suggest, you add just a little "beef" on his shoulders & probably, if possible, try to set the thrusters a little higher & make them a little longer..

5. zartanman

zartanman Zartanimus Supereme

Ebay:
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Yeah I think I will add a little more to his shoulders but the Thrusters are going to stay where they are, its simply not possible to modify them without destroying the whole thing at this point.

I'm thinking I will also paint the windows black instead of blue.

6. Biofan813

Biofan813 Biofan813

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    is there a mod that lets you have the engines open up like that? i have seen this is most powered up jet prime custums.

7. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Nice job with the custom! Looks great and a great entrance to the TF customs :)