ROTF "plotholes"

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tfan123, Nov 24, 2009.

1. tfan123

tfan123 Well-Known Member

Okay, the other day at my school, me and my friends were at lunch talking about ROTF. One of them said there was a plothole: That the same shard Sam used on Jetfire, why didn't they just use it on Prime?
    I tried to argue that it was important, but he wasn't listneing. Opinions?

2. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The issue has been brought up countless times before,

But anyway,
    1) He's completely shocked by Prime's death, and with Megatron right behind him, his #1 priority is to escape.
    2) Considering he's #1 on the World's Most Wanted, there's no way he could get back to NEST HQ to give them the shard.
    3) (Least convincing of my points) He had a sliver of he cube, a piece he could hold with two fingers. The shard Optimus pulled out was much larger. So maybe power varies with size, and the small sliver wouldn't have done the job?

3. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

The sliver Optimus pulls out of Megatron was the one the U.S. Government had kept at NEST (remember at the cemetery when Optimus tells Sam the Last fragment was placed under human protection). The shard can only provide energon it can not repair a robot like the full all spark cube, or even the matrix. Remember the Decepticons kill a robot for parts before sticking the sliver into Megatron. The piece Sam has when he points it at JEtfire, it flies off his tongs and onto Jetfire. Even if it didn't it probably wouldn't work because OPtimus was stabbed and shot. Their was damage that needed repairing.

4. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Um, yeah, I thought I implied that... And Optimus' shard (which was used to revive Megatron) seemed much bigger than the one Sam used on Jetfire and activated the kitchen bots with.

5. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Mikaela had the shard while Optimus died. It would be too risky to attempt to go back there and revive Optimus avoiding capture by the Decepticons.

6. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Here's the way I like to look at it. The shard Sam had was too small to resurrect a big bot like Prime. It only just had enough juice to make little bots. (Why the refrigerator and stove in the kitchen didn't transform.)

As for Jetfire, he wasn't dead. He was just in some sort of stasis.
    The shard just gave him a little boost to "wake him up."

7. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Kinda like a defibrillator is used to jump start a heart same with the shard. So in terms why try to revive a dead guy with a defibrillator when hes got a hole in his chest where his heart was.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Like others have mentioned, he was in shock after the death, was trying to hide for his own life, and there's really no way he could have gotten to Prime anyways. Way too many people looking for him to get near headquarters.

Also, Prime was dead, so the shard wouldn't have brought him back to life anyways. Neither Megs nor Jetfire were truly dead. The Allspark overloaded Megatron's system, and put him into a sort of coma, while Jetfire had been sitting there in alt-mode for so long that he when into stasis lock. Both needed only a piece from the Allspark to bring them back to functioning. Prime needed a lot more than that to bring him back, and even then it was a big risk as the Matrix, while amazingly powerful, wasn't meant to bring lives back from the dead.

Basically, even if Sam could get the shard to Prime, it wouldn't have done him any good anyways.

9. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

did sam even know that the shard brought megs back to life?

10. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    tell your friends that a circular plot, no matter how inane or unbelievable, IS NOT A PLOT HOLE.

A plot hole is when one action, event, or line of dialogue contradicts another. For example: The case Wheelie is in is being transported by the car that Starscream cuts in half. No one is ever shown to retrieve it, and those who had it are also shown running away without it. Later, they have it in their possession. That is a plot hole.

Not going directly from A to B is NOT A PLOT HOLE.

11. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

This. Screw what I said about reading the prequel material. The more I think about it, most of these plotholes were formed from movie-goers lack of common-sense.

12. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Bingo!

13. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    No! Thank goodness I'm not alone in this... how would Sam even know that an AllSpark shard brought Megatron back to life? He wouldn't.

Amen!

14. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    That's a good point. Maybe the shard could have revived Optimus, but they were just too dumb to think of it.

At any rate I think it's pretty sloppy to resolve everything in the plot with so many magical devices and special powers. They better come up with something tight for TF3. "A wizard did it" doesn't cut it.

15. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Not...Again. I think we are all tired of answering those dumb-a** questions!

16. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

And I'm tired of snotty replies like this being posted as a response rather than ignoring it and moving on.

So as your own reading comprehension is way, way down I will repost what I posted in the last thread where you thought it was a good idea to post your own disgust.

This is the last warning on the matter.

17. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

This.

18. Beachbreak

Beachbreak Autobot

I think there is no right answer. Every explanation is a mere possibility.

If I were Sam, I would have asked Bumblebee or Twins to take the sliver to Optimus, rather than going to Robo-Warrior with all of them. (Then, Jetfire would not have been waken up. :( )

19. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Sam is a teenager in a Michael Bay movie. End of story.

Thought my personal plothole is that Megan Fox leaves Wheelie in the car as they flee from the warehouse, yet him and his box are magically on here person when they go see Simmons.

And my weak scipt writing issue,

When Optimus tells same that the first shard has been stole. It never occurs to Sam to mention to Optimus that he found a second shard, knowing what that shard can do. Stupid teenagers are stupid.

20. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    and no power up Optimus :(