ROTF Plot Cancels Itself out.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Attobot2006, May 7, 2010.

1. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

From what I can gather, you must really hate Disney movies. :) 

2. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Well at least their reflecting their cartoon roots. Except the cartoons meant to be that way so another episode can come about (look at superhero shows the same thing happens)

But wow I never thought about this this way before I read this. Very good!

3. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    You forgot that Sam died, and then came back to life.

4. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Wow. At least make up good reasons for why you think ROTF sucks.

Sam was motivated to help the autobots after starscream and megatron basically kidnap him and his comedic relief buddy and hot girlfriend and tortures him. I think you'd feel motivated to help stop the decepticons after knowing most of their plans. Especially since if you don't you and the whole human race will die.

I kinda preferred if Megatron would have stayed dead for ROTF so I'll leave that statement alone.

Prime was killed in the G1 movie too. And he came back as well. (Just later on) And I think we all know how fan reception to Hotrod as leader was. I wouldn't want optimus prime dead either.

Jetfire was revived from being in a robo-coma. He feels motivated to help optimus kill the fallen and sacrifices himself for Prime to use his parts. If anything its badass.

The parts were attached using electricity and likely magnetism. Magnetism can wear off. Especially with large heavy objects like the parts of a 70000 lb plane. Besides would you want to continue wearing a corpse of an old man?

We do not know whether or not the matrix was destroyed. Your only assuming it was.

The whole point of the second half of the movie was to find and destroy the sun harvester. Because if you didn't realize, It harvests energon from the sun. Which IIRC would kill the sun and any life on earth. What else would you suggest they do with a giant machine constructed solely to destroy our sun other then blow the bastard up.

You make it sound as if the Fallen was in one scene then killed. Again hes the main villain of the film. (hence the whole "REVENGE OF THE FALLEN" thing) Its safe to say it would be a good idea to kill his ass.

All the "All the fighting and killing of Megs in the first movie" was to stop him from catching Sam and the all spark. and if you didn't notice he had to be totally rebuilt after that battle. Proof hes weaker because he got his skid plate handed to him by optimus prime in the forest.

Honestly the movie doesn't "Cancel itself out". Its just a person who has a hard on for complaining. and that is totally fucked up sir. There is development and progression in this film

Haha you then cancel YOURSELF out by say right after you said the film didnt have "rue plot DEVELOPMENT or progression!" by saying "About the only progression I can think of is Sam managed to say "I Love You" after struggling (apparently for 2 years) to finally say to her, lol."

bitching about ROFT season is over dude. You should have posted this within the week it was released LAST YEAR. Its all the same bull shit people complain about with some more bull shit that doesn't need bitching about because they actually work for the story.

Also your joke at the end caused my funny bone to commit suicide. Nice job [​IMG]

5. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Crap. Double posted by accident.

6. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    wow

7. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Don't waste your breath, my friend.

Movieverse fans are very intolerable of the ones who nitpick.

8. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    This just screams to me that Status Quo is God.

9. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

And people say it isn't like G1 at all :rolleyes: 

The movies need to focus on character development.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think it's G1

With the movies it's more:

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

wah wah wah

wah wah wah

12. Attobot2006

Attobot2006 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry Mr. Bay

Sorry Micheal, I didn't know you had an alias here and would read my critique and take it personally. I wasn't attacking you personally, Mr. Bay, just giving my opinion on ROTF. And no, critiques about ROTF are not long over; FYI I JUST finally watched it recently, and I watched it about 8 times so far trying to convince myself that my intial dislike for the movie was just a phase. After the 8th time, I still stand by my original opinion of it. However, I like seeing Prime on screen, I like here Peter Cullen (even though the this version of Prime sounds more like Eeeyore), and I don't mind seeing Megan Fox. If Cullen and Fox weren't BOTH in any of your TF movies, I wouldn't bother at all. They are the only saving grace IMO. Oh, I take that back: I do like the Devastator combining scene. That scene was really awesome.

Sorry again, Micheal, for offending you personally. I didn't realize how sentimental you were about your movie; I thought you were just using it as a cash cow. My humblest apologies, Mr. Bay.

13. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Yeah, don't address any of the points, just launch into hyperbole.

14. MegatronSupporter

MegatronSupporter Well-Known Member

No Ash,it's something like this:

The Decepticons pose as a threat
    The Autobots/military/Sam neutralize the threat
    The Autobots kill Decepticons
    The Decepticons kill Autobots
    Humans kills Decepticons
    Decepticons kills humans
    The Decepticons go after Sam because he has something important
    The Autobots protect Sam
    The Decepticons get their asses handed to them because of the Autobots/humans/Sam
    The Autobots/humans/Sam go home and fight another time squaring off against the Decepticons

15. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

No, Sam doesn't WANT Bumblebee to go with him. Bumblebee isn't physically restrained, and will go to college to get Sam if the situation is serious.
    How can Sam NOT help the Autobots? He chooses not to because he wants to lead a normal life. He then rises to the occasion after realizing he has a purpose, and that the Decepticons want him and are willing to kill Autobots in order to do so.
    This cancels out his death in the first movie, but I'm not sure how it cancels anything out in RoTF. I've always thought that shoving the Allspark into Megs' chest caused stasis lock, myself.
    Partly because you can't have Transformers without Optimus Prime, and partly because Prime was the only thing that could kill the Fallen. If you establish a plot point like that you have to follow through.
    ...This doesn't really cancel out anything, except Jetfire's existence in the movie-verse. That's like saying, "Jazz showed up in the first movie and then died" is a reason TF2007 canceled itself out.
    It was battle armor- and if you weren't paying attention during the whole final battle, you see a lot of it get torn off and ripped apart. I doubt it would have served much of a purpose after that, and technically, it had served its purpose- helping Prime defeat the Fallen.
    The fact that the Matrix of Leadership was used to resurrect Prime, who then knew that the Fallen was a long-lost brother and also was aware of the plot to destroy the planet (Sam was only able to shout bits and pieces of this to Prime) shows that some semblance of knowledge was transferred to Prime in that process. Despite its destruction, the Matrix lived on. As for the Sun Harvester- DUH. It had to be destroyed. It's called "canceling out the POINT OF CONFLICT". Or are you saying that the Sun Harvester should have just been shut down in case some other crazy Decepticon showed up and wanted to use it?
    I really don't see your issue with this. He was the main villain. He had to be killed or he would have gone on a crazy rampage. Resolving the plot and "canceling out the point of conflict", again.
    Not necessarily. With the Allspark gone, Megatron's initial goal was shattered. You seem to dumb down the plot and nature of all of these events simply because you want RoTF to look stupid. Though the Fallen was the main villain in the movie, Megatron is the ultimate bad guy, and continuing the franchise without him is not a bright idea- no one was sure if the first movie would be a success, and so they had to kill Megatron at the end to have closure, in case a sequel was not greenlit. The had to rectify this damage in RoTF.
    Everything that MATTERS in this plotline is resolved by the end of the film. Some of the things you mentioned are minor details that can be easily explained, while others are integral to the plot and had to be eliminated/taken care of in order to give this movie closure.

I'm not saying RoTF was a solid movie with a good plot, even- I'm just saying your argument is ridiculously flawed.

16. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here Here!

I agree with what Radioactive Ravage said!

If Sam had said 'sure Optimus, I'll drop out of college this year so I can talk to those idiots who don't trust you' would someone complain about this? YES!

If the Fallen hadn't been killed in the film and lived to see another sequel, would people still consider him a waste of writing? YES!

If Jetfire wasn't in the movie, would we be complaining about that? Probably not but if we found a hidden script involving him or read about him in the novel then Possibly, yeah!

ROTF wasn't the best movie, to me it was entertaining, to others it was a waste of time. So say it cancels itself out would not be accurate as there seemed to be logical Transformers Universe ways to resolve certain situations while keeping everyone in character, I believe they achieved that!

jD001

17. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Wait a minute, so the movie contains elements in which certain characters try to avoid their fate only to find they have no choice but to find their fate anyway?

This must render the entire film as null and void.
    Such a theme has never been attempted in film or literature before -the Transformers movie team is stupid for trying it.

18. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

I want to watch it again, I saw it in the theater once and I saw it again once on DVD, Some time soon I suppose...

19. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I don't think it's an unreasonable point to make that the position of the characters at the beginning of the movie is either similar or identical at the end and that the events in the movie have little effect.

The only major difference that springs to mind is The Fallen Dies instead of Megatron. and that sam has Manned up a little.

And a small selection of Autobots & Decepticons who are not in the First movie are suddenly dead and therefore absent and so might not be in the third

According to ROTF the entire planet seems to have forgotten that LA used to be called Mission City and that there was battle between giant mechanoidal aliens there.

So I wonder will the entire planet also forget Devastator squatting atop the great Pyramid of Giza. or that great chunks of Shanghai got set fire to and crushed.

A lot of people wonder where Barricade is... I'm also wondering now - did enough Constructicons / Decepticon construction vehicles survive to remake a Devastator combination out of different individuals.

And can any of Starscreams surviving children reformat themselves into earth modes - in the future ?

I suppose there is little questions to ask even if it does partially cancel itself out - like where is The Nemesis and will it show up on the Earth or Cybertron in the 3rd movie.

---------

A common complaint I always hear is that If Megatron Kills Optimus and Optimus is a Prime then Megatron is also logically powerful enough to kill the Fallen or is also 'a Prime' or an Ex-prime.

So Megatron being loyal to him only makes sense if he has no choice - if he's as capable of killing him as Optimus is then what's the point of Megatron worshiping him / or at minimum being loyal or respectful of him ?

Some might say it's because of Jetfire that he's able to Kill The Fallen - but Jetfire is not a prime he's just a zombie jetpack and a modest rifle for Optimus.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

On Sam you have to think about how popular the young reluctant hero is as a story telling device. You find it in books, TV and movies so it's not a shocker they would go with it.