Minor/Repaint: ROTF Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by InFluenc3, Nov 12, 2009.

1. InFluenc3

InFluenc3 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    First, sorry for the bad pictures, my camera isn't cooperating, will try and post better ones later this week.

I've seen so many great adaptions of this figure that I thought I should re-attempt my own. So here's my second version of Rotf LC Optimus Prime.

Did the basic straight repaint of the figure, getting details I have seen from other customs and tried to incorporate my own. Of course, went for the screen accurate look and very please with the results! I all so did some few modifications to really get those eye catching details.

1. Swapped the rubber smokestacks with chrome rods
    2. Added convex lenses to the hip section to give him an actually light(s) effect(Thanks to Altezen for the generosity)
    3. Removable swords attached by rare earth magnets
    4. Swapped the original hands with the 07 LC Prime and are attached via ball-joints, now the hands can rotate 360 degrees and are all so allowed extra wrist articulation for those signature posses
    5. Rubber tires now replace the original plastic ones
    6. Gave him two blasters by modifying two 07 Prime guns
    7. Attached rear-view mirrors to give him a more realistic touch

Any sort of feedback is greatly appreciated. Enough of the rambling, lets see some pictures!

Update: Added new pics
    Hits eBay today!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks very nice InFluenc. Just wish we, as bashers, could find rubber tires that matched the actual rims of the truck, instead of the '07 wheels. And nice touch with the ball jointed wrist. And all those little details you've put in there are nice. Good job man, good job. God I can't wait to finish my frikkin prime.... Stupid alcohol and making crap brittle.... Getting distracted... NICE JOB!!!

3. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Great work! The paintjob alone is well done, but the little extras you've done have really added to him. The side view mirrors are probably my favorite, if only because I think it's the first custom I've seen with new ones added.

4. Andrew28b

Andrew28b Nemesis custom

you are the first i have ever seen to actually paint the blue area above the windshield red. love the detail work!

5. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    sweet nice detail

6. InFluenc3

Ebay:
    Thanks for the comment! I hear what your saying and I've been looking at several different 1/32 scale model trucks and they seem to have slimmer, more accurate rubber tires which I will look into for another project.

Thanks, the mirrors were actually from a extra Rotf voyager Mixmaster I had laying around.

I actually got that detail by looking at several other customs and like stated, brought it to this custom. Thanks for the comment, much appreciation.

Thanks for noticing, there is actually tons of extra detail not shown or not shown well that I left out in extra pictures. Will try and post later.

7. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    howd you do the hands

8. InFluenc3

Ebay:
    The hands were quite easy, simply dremel the excess plastic behind the 07 hands, then smooth the surface down. After that, just attach a large enough ball-joint(got mine for a bionicle) to the wrist with super glue and some puddy to harden the structure. There's a small socket just in the forearm where the ball-joint fits perfectly.

9. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

aside from the picture quality, this custom couldn't possibly have anything else that needs to be fixed or added on! lol awesome job man on everything and awesome guns!

10. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What are these convex lenses you speak of?? Where would one pick them up from??

11. InFluenc3

Ebay:
    There small utensils mainly used for pianos. You can purchase them on eBay or any other similar product sites. I use them because them emit a shine that resembles a light.

12. InFluenc3

Ebay:
    Hits eBay today!