ROTF Optimus Prime transformation?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Midnight, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

Real quick,does anyone know how to get the peg things out of his chest?

I'm going from robot to truck,i'm at the chest but the sliding parts of his chest(the mech alive moving stuff and all) thats supposed to flip up,ummm,wont.

How do I get the pieces holding his chest there out without braking him.

2. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

The short version: Hasbro's intent is for you to lift the tabs to the highest part of the chest and pull them out. There's like an atom more space up there. There is no trick.

The long version: This design kind of sucks. Lucky for us, there's at least 2 fixes. First, you can take a nail file and file down the red tabs. This is quick and painless. Just make sure you don't take off too much plastic. The other method is slightly harder but also much better: take some kind of cutting tool and carve yourself some release grooves onto Optimus' "abs." When in robot mode, the grooves will be covered up by the red pieces anyway, and the plastic is surprisingly soft in that area.

I did the "cut down the red tab" fix first, and then I did the "groove-carving" fix. I now need not have a heart attack when transforming that part of Optimus. :) 

3. DX7879

DX7879 Captain of Strawhats

I just push the piece up (where the tab part is) and it simply slides out with no force at all.

4. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

Thanks guys,theres a lot of video reviews but none of them say how to do this and my instructions are in japanese.

5. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Eh, the English instructions don't help with that either! I was terrified that I was going to break my new $50 Prime when I first transformed him!