Minor/Repaint: ROTF Optimus Prime & Jetfire

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by InFluenc3, Aug 26, 2009.

1. InFluenc3

InFluenc3 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hello everyone! Sorry for the amateur pics. Just finished my second/third customs and pretty pleased the way they came out. Please leave any sort of feedback as it is much appreciated.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tomorrow, I will post power-up prime in better quality with a special scratch-built gun!

Attached Files:

2. Blackmouf2002

Blackmouf2002 Insomniac

Good job!!! Where'd you get your mirrors from and how did you attached them? Everything looks great and your attention to detail.

3. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    great detailing and hand mod there! :thumb 

4. gruzergrub5000

gruzergrub5000 Member

awesome, haha love that picture of prime taking a stroll down the street

5. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    One of your first customs, you say? I think you did a pretty good job with them. :thumb 

I am most impressed with your eye for detail. Great work adding those side mirrors to Prime. Also, kudos for painting in the silver lining on the truck doors, all those little gold accents, and the eyes especially. You even filled in the missing parts of the red flames on those blue panels on his back - something that I missed on my Prime.

I think you need to improve on the smoothness of your paint apps, though. The blue paint on Prime's lower torso, along with paint apps all over Jetfire, look uneven and as if they were touched or something while not completely dry.

It would also help if you could add a wash to Prime's silver robot parts. This would help a lot in bringing out all the detail in the mold. The problem with robot parts is always how to highlight all the lines and detailing with your paint apps. I think that you did a much better job with Jetfire in this regard. I like how adjacent areas/panels were painted in different colors and you resisted the temptation to just paint everything in the same amount/shade of silver. :) 

Again, great job on these two. You will only get better from here. I hope to see more of your work. :thumb 

6. InFluenc3

Ebay:
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! I got the rear view mirrors of a Kentworth 1/32 scale model kit, and attached them with some small dabs of industrial adhesive.

7. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

hey dude, awesome job! wat kinda hands are those and how did you do w/ the blaster so it can stay nicely in the hands?

8. InFluenc3

Ebay:
    Thanks for the comment! I just swapped the hand from the 2007 leader prime with the rotf prime. Easy process and credit goes to F_R. Also, the gun fits pretty well just by sliding the gun handle into the palm and closing the fingers for a tight grip.

9. wylungz

ohhh icc.. thanks! also did you ad something inside of the gun for a handle? if you did wat ? lol sorry for all the questions.. i have a 07 OP coming in the mail tom. and very eager to make the gun for my ROTF OP... just trying to get some research done a head of time

10. InFluenc3

Ebay:
    It was simply the handle of another gun I had laying around.

11. wylungz

thanks dude, sorry last question. how did you connect the hands? the 07 primes hands look different from the way the ROTF primes hands are built into the figure... i cut opened up the ROTF forearms and saw how its connected.. but when i look at the 07's it looks like a panel..

12. InFluenc3

Ebay:
  13. wylungz