Heavy/Scratch: ROTF Op with led (wip)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by KooF, Jan 27, 2010.

1. KooF

KooF Well-Known Member

I did this figure few months ago. But only now i discover how to post it. Im a nooby. This Op yellow bulbs in the head stil remain. I added another blue led in there but it wont affect the original things, it still blinking yellow while he talk " i am optimus prime". It is really pain to mod the waist headlight. I dun have a dremel but i using a borsch hammer drill. Imagine using a big drill to drill a small area. This modification i stealing from Hakka. Thx alot.

[​IMG]

Well, this is my 2nd post after i doing a test-post using old picture yesterday.
    Im jus doing electronic modification because im not a good painter. This optimus is not complete yet, i still waiting for the fiber optic to make the roof lights on.

[​IMG]

i have 2 led in the blade, i using tis stuff to shave the led into the shape as space on the blade. so it fits perfectly into the space, no worry, it wont affect the brightness of the led. And i make a drain to store the wiring, u see the red wire? Actually i get the inspiration after saw wat encline did. I jus do some minor modification to bury the wire and led. My blade is not removable, tat why i must bury it, so it wont affect transformation.

[​IMG]

Im thinking of bury 1mm or 2mm fiber optic at the red wire position, it should lights up whole blade right? Anyone test it before?

[​IMG]

Night mood, sorry for the blur images, because i dun have a light box....

[​IMG]

Tis is a short update how i do my OP's head while keeping the original yellow bulbs. Place 2 tiny watches battery in the mouth area which is the red box area tat i draw. Wired to the on/off swithc to be mounted at the back of the optimus head. Shave ur LED as i did, then bend the LED rod to just fit into the clear plastic eye, u do not nit any glue.

[​IMG]

I couldn't get the on off switch from my local shop, so i hunting around to find a toy with the tiny switch. If u can get smaller switch is better. I only manage to find tis jus right enough for the room of the head.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And by the way, i still looking for Thicker Fiber optic to do tis, i got these FO but too thin, anyway if i cant get further...will using this anyways.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  2. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I definitely think you're on the right track man. Keep us posted bro!

3. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Looking good man! :thumbs2: 

Using fiber optics will not light the whole blade unfortunately, FO only emits light from the very tip across the diameter of it.

4. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

i forgot to ask, where did u put the batteries for each spot and switch?! Really like the light-up chest

5. KooF

KooF Well-Known Member

Ok, thx.

arghh....yaya....misunderstanding bout fiber optic, forget it is only the tips of it will be light....thx alot....I love ur led custom too, big hank. I doing my deluxe mudflap now, installing led into the head is really tough.

Ok toby, for the blades, each arm i put 3 watches battaries to light up each sword. No on off switch. The "+" wire i cut it to 2, so when to edge of the 2 "+" meet only it will lights up. How i do is, i gum some metal on the hand. when it rotate to the angle, it connect 2 of the "+" wire den it will light up. u check the picture...the hand is twisted to light it up. For the head and the waist der, as Hakka idea, he told me, u can drill hole to link into internal battery, but i didn't do tat, i make a cable out to connect with AA battery packs, soon i will re-modify the blades to external power source too.......

all my led done last time is all hide inside figure, but for long term display, i jus copy HAKKA's idea...make battery pack to link it up all....One switch lights up all my led work

6. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    This is some nice LED work, but you don't have to post two WIP threads on the same custom, man - especially just after one day. Just edit when you have updates.

7. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

very awesome wire work there dude!

8. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing!!! I'll try mine.

9. KooF

KooF Well-Known Member

oh thx alot......

u can use 3v coin cell too, for the waist lights there....the coin cell is thin enough, i think u might hide it within the roof area.

Sorry for the post, nooby try, thx for remind...will make sure it wont happen again, haha n again sorry to all the pic is too big file size make the page heavy, next post will be better.....

10. Hakka

Hakka Well-Known Member

Nice work mate.

hakka.

11. KooF

KooF Well-Known Member

And again, thanks for ur idea...

12. KooF

KooF Well-Known Member

Updated to show u guys , cause i receive msg for tis head modification, so i dismantle and snap a pic....sorry for somethings, the tiny battery missing because i modded this to external power source.

13. GerardusMaximus

GerardusMaximus Deceptocreep

Will it still transform dude? coz i did the same fiber optic thing on my Movie 1 Optimus Prime, sadly transformation was compromised.

14. KooF

KooF Well-Known Member

Ya it is stil transformable...the roof is large space enough for storing LED, FO and wiring. I will place a blue led beneath the roof and wire it up to the waist lights tat i did... then jus link the FO to the blue led will be done.

Will post up if any update........thanks

15. NasalHair001

NasalHair001 Member

EL wire would light up the blades. comes it sheets and strips too, never used it myself but researched it a while ago for lightsabers.

16. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BRRRRRAAAAAAAIIIIINNNNSSS!!!!

OH NO'Z!! WATCH OUT FOR THE ZOMBIE!!!!

:lol , but seriously, what ever happened to this project??

17. vince-chu

vince-chu Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing!!!pretty cool

18. ebay

ebay Well-Known Member

another one of your awesome enlightment mods.