Minor/Repaint: ROTF Oil Pan/Breakdown mod

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by wm10k, Jan 21, 2011.

1. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

I did this a good while back but thought I'd share it....hopefully I'll be able to steal some moves from the seasoned guys around here and have something a bit more involved to share in the future.

I first did this with Oil Pan...then I eventually got a hold of the Breakdown deco. This actually works a bit better with Breakdown.

[​IMG]

so here we go, he's short.....got next to no torso...and his arms are way long.

you could just mistransform his hips like this and it gives him just a little more height, but more importantly it gives him a bit more of a torso.

[​IMG]

if you want to take it a step further all you need to do is clip off the two plastic tabs that prevent his backpack from moving downward. If you cut those two tabs off you can now swing his backpack all the way down and have it meet with his hips and it actually clicks together. This feels more secure with my Breakdown figure than it does with Oil Pan

[​IMG]

It leaves him with a bit of a gap where his gut should be but I don't mind it.

[​IMG]

I think the added height is worth it.

[​IMG]

yep.

Attached Files:

2. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    not bad!!

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I totally agree. Also, it's been a little while since I've played around with this mold (since I traded it off), but I'd think there would be a way to give him a little bit off additional parts to make more of a torso after this mod.

Also, if someone could provide some really good "before" photos as well as a little more detail as to where to cut, etc., it would really make this tutorial shine.

Thanks for sharing :thumb 

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Well, I really like the look of this mod, and intend to try it on my Skystalker (Oil Pan). Probably not gonna have time to do it before the weekend, but if no-ones tutorial'd it by the time I get back Sunday/Monday, I'll take WiP photos as I do it. :) 

For the record, I also partially remedy the arm issue by not pulling them down from car mode, just using the lower elbows as actual elbows.