ROTF not to be critically screened?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Superion33, May 30, 2009.

1. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

I thought I remember seeing a thread on here how ROTF is not to be critically screened. Is this indeed true? Does anyone have a link to that thread? I tried searching but I couldn't find it.

2. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, there was a thread discussing an interview with Michael Bay where he said that the film is "just going to make it to theaters" which a lot of people made wild assumptions about it, one such assumption being that it wouldn't be screened for critics.

This is, however, typical for big special effects films. What he means is that he will just be making the deadline. The decision to not screen the film actually falls to the studios, and it is typically done early on, when they Executive Producers and other studio heads fear that early negative reviews would harm its ability to make back money. Every report is the Speilberg, Executive Producer AND studio head, LOVES the cuts he has seen so far.

I actually applaude Bay's desire to continue to tweak the film. I think he is diong his best to make this better than the original and adjusting score, recutting a scene, redoing some ADR, sound effects, so on and so forth.

3. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

*comforts Superion33* I'm sorry, Honey. I know how much you wanted it to be true.

Here, have a cupcake. It has those little multi-colored sprinkles that you like so much. :tongue: 

4. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Yay, Ruthie comes with num-num food! Me likes the Ruthie person!

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Nothing official either way but considering every other film he's ever done was released to the critics in time I don't see why this film wouldn't make it out to the critics even if he plans on working on it until the last minute.

I think the point he was attempting to get across was that he would not be able to pull the same sort of thing that Star Trek did because the film will just not be ready to do something like that. Somehow the news that all fans would have to wait until the release date just ended up as a bigger rumor about no one seeing it.

6. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    it's premiering in japan a while before anywhere else, so unless they're showing an incoplete cut, it should be finished in time for last minute critical screening.

7. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

ruthies post scared me D: