ROTF not nominated for a TCA but Wolverine is >:(

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

2009 Teen Choice Awards, Nominees, Winners, TV Schedule
    I really don't understand how you could have Wolverine nominated but not Transformers 2. Sure, TF2 wasn't the greatest but it sure was alot more enjoyable than that garbage whose CGI work made me wonder if the animators actually gave a fuck. And just because Megatron is a computer generated character that doesn't mean he can't be nominated as a villian. Hugo Weaving did an impressive job and so did ILM/DD/Nizzi who animated/designed him. Of course the emopussy vampire villian from Twilight wins.

Eh, I never gave a shit about what won anyway in both the TCA or KCA (Kids Choice awards), 80% of the votes come from teenage girls who are still orgasming after Alvin and the Chimpmunks won over Transformers 1 at the KCA. I guess Transformers aren't cooler than half naked whiney mammals that the only time you'll see them are flattened into shit on a street.

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Probably came out too late to be nominated. They have to do these things in advance after-all, even if the ceremony is live.

3. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

It was only June 24th. That sucks though.

4. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

Here's the thing-most people don't like or dislike movies based soley on their CGI work. As long as the CGI isn't bad enough to be distracting,most people like the story,acting,action,you know,the movie rather than how many wireframes some computer guy made. This is why ROTF gets made fun of so much,even though it has the best CGI effects of all time. Star Wars Episode 1 is another example.

You obviously do.
    Good point. :drunk  :crazy: 

5. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    ...this is all kinds of fucked up.

6. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Enjoyment is a personal & very subjective thing. While I do find it surprising RotF wasn't nominated, I can certainly understand why. Not that those award shows ever really meant anything to me personally. They've never had a factor in the end on whether or not I enjoyed a film, and imo that should be the case for anyone.

Can't help but agree with that. Perhaps not on Hugo's RotF Megatron specifically, but certainly on the idea that an animated villain can't qualify.

Well, to be honest it appears you care a great deal.

... .. .....yikes?

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

So first we had to be bitter at critics for not liking it now we have to go after the Teen Choice Awards and teenage girls as well.

It's going to be a long list of bitter if you guys have to go after everyone that doesn't like the movie as much as you do. At some point you just have to face up to the fact that the movies you love aren't everyone's thing.

If teenage girls like Twilight better then that's their choice unless you want to form some sort of police that will regulate what movies people can like and what movies they don't like just so all the world can agree with the films that you personally like and dislike. Just seems a bit self centered to say people can only like Transformers and no other film is allowed to make money or win awards.

8. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Optimus Prime is so much hunkier then Hugh Jackman. *swoon*

9. Autobot Blasty

Autobot Blasty Member

I don't watch any kinds of awards shows (they all bore me), so this doesn't matter to me, or most people, probably. You know Twilight will clean up, since girls gawked over that. But keep in mind, girls like vampire stuff, and overgrown boys like robots beating the shit out of each other. These teen choice things tend to play to both genders as much as they can. That put it more in perspective?

I wouldn't count on it getting any nods from Nickelodeon while we're at it (mostly because the movie pushed the PG-13 rating nearly over the cliff).

10. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was pissed when that happened and then the MTV awards had like 1 award for TDK and the rest were for Twilight.

11. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Fucking teenage girls that vote for the things they like and not the stuff that I like it on an award show that I won't watch anyways. It's wrong, it's wrong, it's wrrrrroooonnnngggggg I tell you. Wait, what I am pissed off about again.

12. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

Question for Godziboy-
    Why do you care? I mean,IMO even the Oscars are kind of pointless,but you've got to be the only person I've ever come across who gave a rat's ass about CHILDREN'S award shows who no doubt reward their biggest sponsors. When I saw the title to this thread,I wondered what a "TCA" even was.
    How did you even know Alvin and the Chipmunks won best picture? Did you seriously sit there and actually watch the Nickelodeon awards just to cheer for Transformers like it was a football team?

Megatronkicksass-
    You actually put some stock into the MTV movie awards? Why?

13. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    I don't give two shits about the Teen Choice Awards, or the MTV Movie Awards, or any crap like that. I can't stand popularity contests, which is why the only awards show I watch is the Oscars (which are only semi-legit).

In fact, I don't even give one shit about them, let alone two.

14. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    The Teen Choice Awards? Really? This kind of thing actually matters?

First visit to Movie Discussion in a while, nice to see it's still providing the lulz.

15. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Ah, so this is what nerdrage looks like.

I'd be curious to see how irrelevant all these award shows would be if TF cleaned up at all of them by being nominated -and- winning. But I get it, just like with critics, all these awards shows are crap and mean nothing until/unless TF gets praised by them... THEN they matter.

Bias is cool :) 

16. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

i dont think Bay would care for a teen choice award...

17. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    His one thought on the matter; "Are any of them old enough to wash my Ferrari?"

18. Gozer-Bot

Gozer-Bot Banned

"HAY UR CUTE HOW OLD R U AND UR FRANDS?"

"Fourteen."

"EIGHTEEN? BAYSOME. GET IN MAH TRAYLUR! GOT SUM LIMEY SYRUS CDS FOR YUH."

"MOM!"

"NO DON'T!"

Transformers 3: Return of Devastator's Scrotum cancelled, hack director awaiting verdict on child molestation charges. In other news, global warming averted, crime rates at all time low, economy stabilized!

19. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

The TCA's are crap anyway.

20. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    since when was there a TEEN choice awards?