ROTF no longer the worst movie ever!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Barberism, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think for another film to become the film to bash it's going to need the factors of a monster budget, promoted as a film for "everyone", and advertised to the point that there is no where on the planet to escape the ads.

Sex in the City 2 might be bad but it lacks the budget, being sold to non-fans, and promotion to keep Revenge of the Fallen from being the film that comes up first when people talk about bad films.

Just look at the film that Revenge of the Fallen had to take the bad film crown from, Spiderman 3. So it's going to take another huge film to make people forget just how many Razzies Revenge of the Fallen racked up or how Transformers went from MTV movie of the year to Revenge of the Fallen not even cracking the nominations which means your main demographic doesn't even consider it one of the top 5 films of the year.

On the bright side Hollywood is always coming out with films that become the new film to bash. I mean heck The Adventures of Pluto Nash used to be the film to bash and now no one even remembers that it used to be the king of bad films.

2. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

This. Anybody who does think ROTF is the worst movie ever obviously has no experiance with cinema, or seen a Uwe Boll film.

3. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow this again? really? Rotf is an awesome movie, I am a pretty easy going person, very easily entertained, very rarely will I not finish a movie if i start it, theres not been many but ya theres far worse movies then Rotf, A movie not living up to ur G1 fantasies does not make it a bad movie or "worst movie ever"

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Neither is the worst film ever. I'd probably give that award to Gabriel. Maybe shared with Burn After Reading.

5. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Do you really think THAT is the reason why people dislike RotF so much? Haha, oh wow.

6. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    ...yeah sure, I don't think people hated it because Wheelie didn't talk in rhymes. ROTF was a bad movie all by itself. Any changes it made to G1 were the least of its problems.

7. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Sure Revenge of the Fallen wasn't amazing, but worst movie EVAR is pushing it.

8. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    As bad as ROTF, it was far from worst movie ever.

That title is proudly held by M. Night's The Happening. Trees getting together and deciding as a group to kill off man kind by somehow knowing how to make a toxin that makes people kill themselves. Oh, and they are in cahoots with the wind. Yes, there are several shots of people out running...THE WIND!

9. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

the general public opinon does not go with roger ebert...most people know critics are wrong with movies...the people who hate ROTF the most are critics and US.. general people enjoyed the film for the most part, thats why it made so much money

10. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Well, not that I'm suprised, but yet another bashing thread for ROTF.

I like Ebert, and I regularly read his reviews. But we're fans, and do we really listen to what reviewers said? The only time when we really had an excuse to be mad at him was when he declared fans of ROTF as simply wrong. To say Ebert represents the general opinion is just plain inaccurate.

What really matters is the general public. The general public is going to see the movie, and tell others if it's good or not. They aren't worried about plot, characterization, etc. They just want a two and a half hour break from reality featuring giant robots.

Most people I've met have said, "Oh yeah, Transformers 2 was a good movie!" The general public is gonna determine how much money we make with these films. And they'll come back for more next summer...

However, we may not make as much money as before, as the bad taste of the vulgar humor and Megan Fox leaving may hurt us a bit...

11. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    In a world where Dragonball: Evolution exists, RotF will never be the worst movie. Not even the worst adaptation.

12. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

ROTF was never the worst movie ever. What about Nim's Island or Fred Clause?

13. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Shoot, Ebert doesn't even think it's the worst movie ever. He gave ROTF a 1 star rating. He's given 0 star ones before.

14. tfan123

tfan123 Well-Known Member

1.) In my opinion, ROTF was the best movie of 2009, and the best movie in the 2000's so far.
    2.) Sex and the City 2? Of course it's the worst movie ever!

15. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    You take that back right now! Mr. Bean's Holiday was charming and adorable! If you hate Mr. Bean, you hate everything that is good and right about physical comedy.

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    RotF is definitely NOT the worst movie ever. Though it really depends on how you view it. Personally I like it, but I've definitely seen movies that I would consider better and movies I would consider worse than it.

Birth of a Nation, from a technical stand-point, is possibly the greatest movie ever made, and was a huge influence on movie making. However, thematically it's probably the worst movie ever made.

17. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

Though I do like physical comedy, I just found Mr. Bean's Holiday to be really weird. Plus, it's the only Mr. Bean thing that I'd ever seen. And it also depends on personal taste.

18. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    ...really? The best movie of the decade?

Must...not...nerd...rage....G'AH!

19. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    You've gotta go youtube yerself some Mr. Bean. It's pretty hilarious stuff. I dunno, maybe it's an acquired taste.

20. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I know, right? Battlefield Earth, Glitter, Stranger than Fiction, Year One, hell I'm amazed people have forgotten the previous worst big budget movie ever, Waterworld.

At this point, I believe Ebert needs to be bashed. He said that "video games can never be art. When someone challenged him on this, his response was, "maybe I'm too well read (to get into video games). Roger Ebert is a fossil, living on his name, a joke and a narrow minded fool. Any form of entertainment can become art if done well.

Once he made that statement, he, to me, became a worthless old relic, to be discarded and ignored. Its tells me he only evaluates from his tiny view, and rarely attempts to expand his horizons.