ROTF no longer the worst movie ever!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Barberism, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Barberism

Barberism Reaper of Skulls

Sex and the City 2.

2. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Proven, or opinion?

3. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

What kind of horrifically sheltered mind could possibly give birth to the notion that ROTF was at any point in time the worst movie ever made?

4. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

ROTF isn't the worst movie ever, it might have some really BAD jokes in it, that makes me think a 12 year old BOY wrote the jokes, but for the most part the movie wasn't all that bad, it might not be what we wanted. but it was still a decent sequel film. it took what the first movie started, and expanded it. it's biggest problem, aside from the lame immature jokes, was that they had TOO many transformers on screen this time, and the only one who really got developed at all was Sam.

so my biggest complaint is, too many transformers. i'd rather have 10 characters with lines, and actual relevant to the plot, then 30 characters which do not even have LINES and are just there to sell a $10 toy lol.

it is not the best movie it could of been, but nor is it the worst movie ever.

i'd say, it was decent.

not bad, fun to watch, at least for the optimus prime vs megatron + starscream + grinder scene.

and devastator was pretty cool to watch, at least combine. other then the balls, :lol 

but worst movie ever? no way. but what did you expect from hollywood and micheal bay?

transformers to be an epic thing like lord of the rings? face it, transformers is NOT lord of the rings, or starwars, it's transforming toys that battle each other while saying "buy me kids!" and nothing else. for what they got as a "source" material, aka a bunch of transforming toys, they didn't do that bad.

and i doubt sex and the city 2 is THAT bad lol i mean, did you forget, Glitter? Battlefield Earth? batman and robin? Catwoman?

and then there is; "gigli"

"it's turkey time!"

:lol 

5. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Definitive Opinion

Ebert said so. So im assuming his opinion flows with general public opinion. Not the opinions of the people on TFW2005.com, who are an awesome minority

6. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

Actually, the court of public opinion had ruled in favor of a third film. The general population thinks this movie is awesome, and the limited-edition Bumblebee Camaro sold like mad.

7. Scooby.Smokescreen

Scooby.Smokescreen Well-Known Member

I have both movies on Bluray and will watch them over and over. Neither film is a classic and I do feel let down (although unsurprised) that coin won out over substance. I find Bay's method of direction quite tiresome. Paul WS Anderson would have at least done a half decent job and he's been given some excellent franchise yet completely under-delivered.

I think Transformers: Animated has a better storyline than any of the films and is a far trurer homage to the original.

I just found so many thing irritating with the first film - we drive through a Porsche garage yet get some rubbish coupe for Jazz. We visit a dam but don't get Prime and Megs having a slugfest on the rim.

The 2nd film was horrifically dis-jointed. The twins I actually don't mind. Killing Dev with some "out of the pocket" surprise railgun was just lazy. And the Fallen being Megs master well, he may as well have been using the force - the hatchlings bit was also a complete waste of time.

We have a client who works for Hasbro UK and he pointed out that both films and the third will do what they are designed to do but admitted theres nothing quite like the 80s Transformers:) 

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

ROTF may be a not-so-great movie, but compare it to Battlefield Earth and let's see just whic one is worse (hint: this is saying the thread title is wrong.)

9. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To me, it really doesn't matter if the new Sex and the City movie is better or worse than ROTF... Once a bad movie, always a bad movie. Here's hoping the third will help the movieverse franchise salvage a little dignity back.

10. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But a minority none the less :( 

And personally Ebert can suck my Tail pipe.

11. Yurre

Yurre I want space nachos XD

TTT = Trash This Thread...

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Well if Ebert said it, it must be true, right?
    Form your own opinions from now on. It's a lot more fun.

13. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

Yeah.....

In terms of theatrically released films, RotF is heads and tails above a great many other movies. That's not to say it's not very flawed (it is), but it's also quite fun.

As somebody said...Battlefield Earth. Even if Michael Bay wrote, directed, produced, and starred in his own film, it would still be better than that abortive fetus of Scientology.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    ROTF never was the worst movie ever.

It was only the worst movie in the eyes of those who didn't like it and wanted to put it down.

The general public thought it was great. It was a successful film.

Ebert is not the general public. He is one person with his own opinion that he forms himself, not based off of other people's.

15. rainningstorm

rainningstorm cheapskate@Cantonment

There are worst movies than ROTF, it was never the worst movie ever.

Financially it did well, not only with movie tickets but with merchardising.

Visually it was stunning, especially the effort used in making the robots.

Plotwise it lacked quite alot.

But other than a few problems, the film did what it was intended to do, bring TF back to mainstream audiences. Besides, bad movies do not have sequels.

16. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    ... not with the Ebert bashing again ... can we please move on?

17. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    ROTF wasn't even close to being the worst movie ever.

Pootie Tang was the worst movie ever.

18. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I bet Sex in the City 2 would have been better if Michael Bay Directed it though...

What an odd idea.

19. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Quote please with the correct context.

Nah, everyone knows The Master of Disguise is the worst movie ever.

20. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light TFW2005 Supporter

Since when was RoTF the worst movie ever?..

"Dungeon Girl" anyone? ..