rotf new style megatron and prime out now! need help to see what they are?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mac&cheese, Feb 27, 2010.

1. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    today i saw the new leader rotf figures for 49.99 each. they look pretty cool. but i dont keep track of anything other than g1 reissues. so it was a large megatron and large optimus prime. they both have the rotf packaging style. they both look sort of like the movie large prime and megatron. prime looks very similar but megatron is now sort of black color. i remeber there was a sticker on each one of them saying nest? what is that? a new series? a repaint? i have no clue. is this a rare version? variant? anyone know?

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    resource section.

3. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    thanks cool i didnt know we had a resource section! mod please move thread. thanks again for the info. i need to check out the rest of this site. i dont even know what is available.

4. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Yeah that's the new Shadow Command Megatron or something like that. I like it, colors stand out more. Probably will get it but I'm expecting the inevitable premium repaint which I hope they fix the head articulation and the murder arm.

5. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    what is shadow command? a new series? is this one a repaint of the first rotf big megatron?

6. Bulletbill

Bulletbill Maverick

Nah, it's just a new name for the repaint.

Yup, the one and only.

7. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    thank you, that explains everything. do you think its worth picking up since its more rare? i wonder if this one is a better choice to get misb than the original?

8. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

what is the prime that you saw? there shouldnt be another leader prime out yet unless its buster, which im going to assume isnt what you saw.

9. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think it's Buster Prime. There was no word it being released outside Asia.

Where did you see these toys?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  10. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    it looks just like the movie prime also with i believe, the nest/ shadow words on it. i couldnt tell the difference, because i dont even know what the movie prime had in the toy.

11. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    It isn't rarer, just newer. Soon enough it'll clog the shelves just like the original. And the movie figs ain't gonna appreciate in value, so no reason to MISB it unless you're just a MISB collector.

12. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    If it had N.E.S.T. (the name of the human/autobot alliance organization in ROTF) on it, it must be the slight retool of Leader OP. It differs from the first one in only 2 ways I believe... 1. this one has no faceplate, but an exposed mouth and 2. this one has the "forest battle" scythes (the ones he used to dismantle Grindors face, among other things) on his arms, instead of the swords. Doesn't appear to be any differences in the paint job.

[​IMG]

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    It's far too soon for him to be out.

and there are differences in the paint job on that one. aside from the black marks, it's missing silver paint on it's upper legs, and the flame details on the blue parts of it's chest.

14. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    It's probably just re-released Prime that ships with Shadow Blade Megatron

15. ckhowling

ckhowling Well-Known Member

How cheap are hasbro when it comes to paint? They throw a couple of black marks on the toy but then even it all out by removing the flames and some detail paint? Horrible. I can't wait for my Buster Prime to get here...

16. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    It also has a brand new head and weapons, but I guess mentioning that would interfere with your "RRAAARRR, HASBLOW" rant.

17. ckhowling

ckhowling Well-Known Member

I wasn't really 'Raaaaar Hasblow', ranting was I? I've never even thought of the word 'hasblow' before. Did you make it up? That's neat if you did. I'm a newer collector per-say and was just asking a logical question, noticing that some of the Japanese counterparts have much better paint jobs and that the fact that many people are customizing their Transformers means that they are unsatisfied with the minimal paint jobs. Am I out of line? Totally feel free to Transformer-fire me, if it will make you feel better.

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    japanese toys also cost at least twice as much as the stuff hasbro puts out. and in the movie line aside from buster prime, all have the same amount of paint as the hasbro releases. despite costing so much more.

19. Longhaul53

Longhaul53 Guest

You're not out of line completely. The other poster was likely reacting to the way your post reads. For example:

1) The question comes off as accusational (hence the Raarrr comment). If it were just a simple innocent question, it might have read more like this - "does anyone know how hasbro counts out their deco?" something to that affect. One important thing you'll learn along the way in the fandom (and life as well) is that - it's not always what you say, but how you say it that is important.

2) reading the rest of your post, it takes a more negative tone. Even condescending - which adds to the implications of you ranting.

3) From what i understand, Takara has 'better' paint jobs because they can use more paint - which drives up the cost of the toy at the end of the day. In Japan, you may find two items that are similar size, but different in cost because they do not have retail restrictions... thus prices can fluxuate as needed to get as many paint apps as required. I believe Hasbro has a set price for every assortment, a set amount of paint apps they use, and they rarely exceed that number... In the case of adding the black marks, they likely needed to remove a few apps in order to add a few.

20. galvascream

galvascream Apple Junkie

News Credits:
    "LARGE" = LEADER. They're not new.