ROTF new Bumblebee and TFA Ironhide?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    ...Looks like I'll have to reconsider my position as a Bumblebee completist. It gets ridiculous.

I don't think it's such a bad idea redoing Bumblebee, but if they're going to do this, what was the point of Preview Bumblebee?

Also, is this the same head as Preview Bumblebee? Looks like it to me. Will it have the same gun as Preview Bumblebee, the same as 07 Bumblebee, or something else? We shall see.

About the Animated Ironhide/Ratchet, personally I think it'd be better to start with Ironhide, since there's been several Ratchet toys so far and they haven't been the best sellers.

I'm thrilled to see more animated toys, but again, not impressed. The new ones just don't seem to be particularly good. I'll get them, but hopefully they turn out a lot better than they're looking so far.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe because Hasbro wants to have a toy of Bumblebee closer to the movie release date that ain't no preview?

We're lucky it wasn't just PREVIEW FIGURE WITH B-B-B-BATTLE MASK.

3. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Even by 'weird looking Cybertronian alt mode' standards, that suspected Ironhide figure looks pretty bad. Upside down or not, you can already tell there's not a whole lot to it. Hopefully the bot mode makes up for where the alt mode lacks.

4. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    Well this does seem reasonably worthwhile to me. It's almost a new mold. Arms, chest, head, and I just noticed the hips have been redone over the 2007 versions. It's basically a new figure, with old legs.

But why bother with the Preview?

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At least it actualy looks like what he's supposed to be.

*voyager Megatron flashback*

6. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    I agree. Actually I'd far prefer if they did the Cybertronian Bumbebee mold, but seeing how lazy they get with Cybertronian modes, I probably wouldn't like it.

7. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Actually im thinking this is the new Cyb.ratchet.

8. Ravage1976

Ravage1976 Well-Known Member

Its clearly the Cybertron mode Ratchet that has been solicited recently its too complex to be an activator, lacks any spring loaded feature and has transparent plastic.....

9. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    That bumblebee is great. I really like that he gets the cannons from the first movie game. (fireing in car mode) Its so M.A.S.K. reminicent.

In robot mode he has g1 prowl/bluestreak/smokescreen cannons. Down to the ear placement.

Its a must have bumblebee. Well between the new legend, human alliance, and the two deluxes. That's four bumblebee toys I have to get for this film.

Activators Ironhide- Well That's kind of difficult sale with the "turtle tank" on its back.
    I'll wait for better pics.

10. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I see a new evolution of a hero pack coming up... I might buy that if I could.

11. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Now, it doesn't entirely look it, but I'd be surprised if the chest transformed differently than how the existing deluxe Bumblebee transforms. At the very least, he sports the same legs and lower torso, from what I can tell.

Also, he seems to have a thumb joint. That's pretty cool. Maybe you can give him the original Deluxe Bumblebee's cannon weapon and have him hold it...not well, but hopefully it'll at least stay in his hand.

Plus hey, bonus pop-out cannons. Don't write this guy off yet, folks. He's mis-transformed: he may have everything Preview Bumblebee has and more...except for a handgun.

12. lt.jdavid

lt.jdavid Lieutenant In the GAR

I never bought a bumblebee from the first movie but this one is a total get love the cannons those are pretty sweet the robot mode looks way better than any version than the first movie

13. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'm with you there its not a Activator

14. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Drifting around

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think i would go with the messed up ironhide than the movie bot

15. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    I'm not interested in Preview BB, since it's pretty much the same toy I have 3 or 4 versions of. But this new "pop out guns" Bumblebee? Sold!

But can it be considered a remold, with so much different things?

The other one has to be Cybertronian mode Ratchet. It's red and gray. Add some white paint apps, and those are pretty much Animated's Ratchet colors. Besides, we've already been told that there's a Cybertronian Ratchet soon to be released.

Is it just me, or it seems that Ratchet is missing some pieces?

Fixed.

-airfox

16. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    What's up with poor Ironhide? He looks like a turtle that fell down and is waving his legs around in an effort to get up.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It's actually Ratchet, and they just decided to take a random photo of him upside down, we've since seen robot mode pics. (though mis-transformed)

Also, any particular reason you thought that was so important you had to bring up a thread over a month old?