Minor/Repaint: ROTF Nemesis Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Chewievette, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Chewievette

Chewievette Space Cadet

This is my third TF project and by far the most in depth. I picked up this ROTF Bumblebee on sale and decided to tear it apart without really having a direction. I saw a picture online of a black camaro with yellow stripes and that sealed its fate. Every piece has received some amount of attention except the face and a couple of the joints. The color is Testors one coat laquer "blazing black" and the stripes are "chrysler yellow". Tomorrow I will pick up some more decal paper so I can print off the plates and a logo. Soon as this is posted I'll attempt the transformation, pictures should be up shortly. Unfortunately I am noticing that my camera's abilities exceed my own ...remind me to take pictures from further away next time lol. Note that the name is not set in stone, it was suggested by my friend who is a TF nut. Let me know what you guys think!

btw, the doors do close but I'd rather leave them open than damage the paint.

Update - Transformation was successful! I lucked out and overspray seems to be minimal. Minor touch ups and those decals will complete the job. I'm really excited about how it turned out, Much better than I was expecting! Almost makes me want to do another! :crazy: 

Attached Files:

2. Andrew28b

Andrew28b Nemesis custom

looks cool but it looks like the first movies stealthbumblebee.
    instead of the yellow maybe green or red? but overall good painting skills!

3. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Looks good to me. Like the metallic in your paints. Looking forward to the alt mode. You masking work looks sharp too. :thumb 

4. darrenmea9

darrenmea9 Well-Known Member

stealth bumblebee?

5. Chewievette

Chewievette Space Cadet

Dumb question, but... Which first movie? ...im confused.

Wouldnt the stealth bee work better as before I added the stripes?

btw, added alt mode pics to the first post

Attached Files:

6. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

I think what they mean is that the 07 movie (the "first movie", not RotF) had a figure in the Allspark Battles subline called Stealth Bumblebee, which was black with yellow stripes. The picture you saw online could have been it.

7. OPMEGS1.0

OPMEGS1.0 I Dislike Hotshot's jam!

Ebay:
    could have done the alt-mode red w/ blue stripes. it would stand out better.

8. Chewievette

Chewievette Space Cadet

ah, well thats a punch in the gut, thought I had something unique... Anyways, so now the question is do I apply the plates and decepticon logo and keep going or recolor the eyes and change the decals so its an updated stealth bee?

btw, the online pic I referred to was a 1:1 car.

9. Chewievette

Chewievette Space Cadet

Okay, so one last thought...

I could mask and re-spray the stripes in red to keep with the Nemesis idea.

Its that or recolor the eyes and leave it as an updated stealth. I'm going to put this one up for auction so what do you guys think would be the more desirable choice? I'd love to hear any thoughts on this.. thanks

10. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

If you're putting it up for auction then you'll want to change the color of the stripes. Looks good!

11. Treadshot A1

I rarely cooperate with anyone trying to make something for the purpose of selling, but i'll make an exception and say that if that's what you want to do with it, you better make it red instead. I seriously doubt the saleability of a custom that is so similar to a stock figure. Sorry.

I'd also apply the decepticon logos as well.

12. Chewievette

Chewievette Space Cadet

It was never my intent to sell but I've had so many problems with this figure that I really cant enjoy it anymore so its better that I dont keep it. I might do another bee for myself but maybe later. Thanks for the help and advice guys, I'm done for a while.

13. Treadshot A1

Hey, don't let me turn you off from kitbashing, I was looking forward to more...