ROTF - nagging questions from wifey **SPOILER ALERT**

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Darth Wave, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Darth Wave

Darth Wave Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Just wanted your answers on this as I also posted this on Cybertron.ca also.

Ok… so my wife finally was able to watch ROTF the other day. She loved the movie but had a few questions that was bugging her, which I tried to answer but failed.

1) If all the transformers can only scan machines to have alt modes, how were they able to scan/ make a female robot (Isabel Lucas) that looked human, the one making out with Sam in his dorm room???

2) Why was Sam able to hold the Matrix if only a Prime/ worthy leader can only handle it???

3) How is it that Leo Spitz (Ramon Rodriguez) gets zipped in the car by Agent Simmons and 2 sec later he is getting out of the car walking???

4) Who was the bot that got ripped apart for spare parts for Megatron at the bottom of the ocean???

So there you have it… wifey loved the movie but had these questions to ask. So please help me out to explain this to her...

P.s. Her fav bot... the dyson vacuum

2. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Not sure about most but I CAN answer the first one-

The Decepti-Slut scanned her alt. mode from an animatronic character in a theme park, specifically from an exhibit on "Alice In Wonderland."

3. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    The movie has been out for over a month I don't think spoilers tags are needed.

4. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Ah, the joys of watching TFs with the wife. :) 

I'm not sure its ever been said they're limited to machine mimicry. I believe the only major issue would be mass of the object/vehicle/etc they turn into.

...and now I have this fear TF3 will have an entire block of people casually walking, stop suddenly, look at Sam & Mikaela, then turn into Decepticons...

..*face/palm*

It's not a matter of physically holding it entirely, though if you'll note it turns to dust the moment he touches it. This movie's Matrix is much like the Matrix in previous TF material, it chooses who's worthy to wield it.

Bad writing? 'Forgot we did that, oh well, keep going'? One of Bay's magical 'its been an hour' edits?

No fan explanation or in-movie story bit for that one. It's a screw-up in my view.

Scrapper. Well, a Scrapper. At least that's how I understand it. There's topics on this item specifically, perhaps someone would be so kind as to direct you?

5. AximusPrime

AximusPrime Well-Known Member

At no point in either movie was it ever explicitly said that they can only scan machines. Across various Transformers series, we've had Transformers that disguise as humans (Pretenders) and into animals (Beast Wars).

Did you miss the part where it turned to dust? The only reason it came back together was for the purpose of being given to Prime.

In movies, time passes by faster than real time. Just because it was 2 seconds to the viewer doesn't mean more time did not elapse in the story.

A nameless con that served no other purpose than to provide them with parts to rebuild Megatron.

6. Darth Wave

huh...

So how is it that 5 bots go down... one get scrapped for parts and then 6 bots come back up???

Thanks for your help guys!

7. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Yes, they CAN only scan machines, but I can see the confusion. In the comic book Leo was in the other room, during the bed scene, watching a TV comercial for a new ride at an ammusement park. This ride was Alice in Wonderland and on the ride is an anamatronic doll of Alice. So she scanned the robot. They tok this out of the movie, but when Leo come in the room after Mikaela he is about to tell Sam that he just saw her on TV.

In his vision of the primes they tell him that he is worthy of it and that they want him to bear it.

Time lapse. Simmons drives to the construction site which is a few min. away, wich would be enough for him to recover. Stun guns don't last very long.

When I went back for the second viewing I made sure to look at this scene especially. It is the same form as Scrapper. He has the exact same wheels in the exact same places. We do not know his name.

I too like the Dyson Bot, his transformation was very cool.

8. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    The Doctor (Scalpel) is inside Ravage, so Ravage's larger signature would have cloaked Scalpel's until he ejected. Then you have resurected Megatron as the 6th. So technically you have 6 going down phisically, but the human instruments only picked up 5.

9. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. probably because the plot says so

2. Sam proved his worth through the whole sequence. the primes said so in his vision

3. time passed with movie :bay  magic

4. not sure

10. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I've answered a few questions according to what I thought, also, where'd you get that bad ass vacuum-bot picture! Can I find the other kitchen bots somewhere too?

11. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    1) If all the transformers can only scan machines to have alt modes, how were they able to scan/ make a female robot (Isabel Lucas) that looked human, the one making out with Sam in his dorm room???

My belief is that the Transformers can scan any shape whether natural or artificial.

2) Why was Sam able to hold the Matrix if only a Prime/ worthy leader can only handle it???

It seems that the 6 dead Primes evaluates a person and those they like are allowed to hold the matrix.

3) How is it that Leo Spitz (Ramon Rodriguez) gets zipped in the car by Agent Simmons and 2 sec later he is getting out of the car walking???

Maybe Leo Spitz is also a pretender or maybe he recovers fast like Wolverine.

4) Who was the bot that got ripped apart for spare parts for Megatron at the bottom of the ocean???

The sacrifice was a yellow Volvo tracked excavator seen on the ship beside Mixmaster.

12. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    also, for Alice, they can probably replicate skin in a similar way they can have leather interiors. just in case you dont like the book's animatronic explanation

13. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Um, I'm pretty sure this has all been answered 9000+ times in this thread alone so why do people feel the need to post the same info in different sets of words?

inb4lock!

14. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

Does the con who gets used for parts, actually die or just have his legs ripped off?

15. Darth Wave

Not sure if there are other images but I was able to find it because I have a Dyson myself. Try looking here: Dyson vacuum confirmed for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen appearance

16. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:

17. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

So it's not explained in the film?

18. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Hey there!

1. Alice is either an experimental form of a Transformer, aching to a Pretender from G1 (but reimagined) / next step in TF tech (think Beast Wars)...OR her alt mode isn't a real human..I read somewhere that there was supposed to be a segment that showed Alice was actually a new type of animatronic for a theme park that was eerily real..a Decepticon scanned it and might have touched it up a bit to be even more real...(would have loved to have seen this explained in the movie, because I think it's pretty smart!)

2. Not only a Prime can handle it..only a leader can earn it. The original Primes were all leaders to the Transformers, or maybe had privileges since they created the item to begin with. Anyone else can earn it..as long as he shows the skills and is destined to get into contact with it, I suppose :p 

Sam earned it because of his courage and self-sacrifice..virtues of a leader.

3)Gets tazed for the sake of the joke, is able to walk again for the sake of the story.

Why don't they all sit in different cars at the Jordanian customs? I think it is a bit strange the security (trying to be intimidating) would want to check only the first car, even when they just made friends with the people inside..the two cars behind them might not be affiliated with them! (Also, THEY HAVE NO DRIVERS! :lol )

4) Robot mode reveals it's a 'Scrapper' type..but strangely enough, his alt mode changes when on the ship. First, it's the bulldozer that's any Scrapper's alt mode, but then there is a shot of a Volvo crane..product placement gone wrong! :) 

Hope this was helpful to you and the wife!

19. Darth Wave

Thanks everyone!... now the task is to take all of this info and explain it to her. I seem to keep falling back to the same generic answer..." eh... don't know?"

20. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

Covenants answers are it, with a little supplemental knowledge of pretenders/alice in wonderland from the book.